New owner from Montreal, Canada!

Hello group,

Well, lately I have read just about every post on this site, and finally decided to trade my 2012 Triumph Street Triple R for a sparkling new FJ-09 candy red with heated grips.

So its all your fault !
What win me over was the low pipe...
I plan to make some short trips with my son, and was scared that he could burn himself on the underseat pipes.
I loved the Street Triple, but the bike is so hot in traffic that I was getting a thermal vasectomy every day. And since that I work in Montreal... Needless to say that I do encounter a lot of traffic.

I guess that ABS and Traction are also useful.

I will probably give a feedback on how the FJ compares to the Street...

Now please keepup burning fossil fuel so that the snow can melt and I can break-in the FJ.

One last question:
- I know that TCS prevents you from doing wheelies.
- Does ABS prevents you from doing stoppies ?
;)

Guest eatpasta
Well, lately I have read just about every post on this site, and finally decided to trade my 2012 Triumph Street Triple R for a sparkling new FJ-09 candy red with heated grips. 
So its all your fault !

I loved the Street Triple, but the bike is so hot in traffic that I was getting a thermal vasectomy every day

One last question:

- I know that TCS prevents you from doing wheelies.

- Does ABS prevents you from doing stoppies ?

;)

ImaPoser_zpsuv0ux8tl.gif

ohhhhh you're going to fit in here juuuuuuuuust fine!  Im not sure what kind of cans you have on your Triumph, but I never feel any heat at all on my Speed Triple.... then again I have LV carbon cans.
    and I think you should change your user name to Thermal Vasectomy - that would be amazing.

as far as the stoppie thing goes, I think you need to be the one that does a full report!

DirtDOG_zpsi0syd6qb.gif 

• 2 weeks later...
hey Fredo... Im about to put a deposit too on a Fj-09.. from Laval. I was looking at the Street Tripple also after Salon de la moto but after long research i think the FJ-09 is best buy for your $$ and insurance cost just right... ride safe..

hey Fredo... Im about to put a deposit too on a Fj-09.. from Laval. I was looking at the Street Tripple also after Salon de la moto but after long research i think the FJ-09 is best buy for your $$ and insurance cost just right... ride safe..
Great !

I just picked the bike this morning in a wet, cold and muddy 3 degrees Celcius...
Heated grips helped but I did not have to do a lot of highway...

My plan was to go to work with it, but after 2-3 kms I was already dirty. >:D
So I turned around and got in the car. Good decision because it rained a lot during evening rush hour.
3 Celcius and rain in traffic is not fun. :-S

Here are my impressions on the bike so far :
- It is quieter than the street triple. :-X
- The bike is very nimble, the steering feels lighter than the street triple, probably because of the width of bars. :)
- In mode B, it's not scary at all. I briefly tried the STD mode, and could already see the difference. I think that it is slower than a Street triple while in mode B.
- The seating position is very confortable. :)
- The windscreen sucks. It was on the highest position, and I kept getting wind buffeting.
So I switched to the lower position, better but not perfect. 
I think I am going to get rid of it, and put a short screen to get a cleaner airflow, or maybe remove it completely !
Did someone try that ?
Other than that i am very satisfied, I think I am going to have a lot of fun this summer !

Cm6m3Gd

Fred Gauvin

Archived