Shell Rotella T6 Oil in FJ09

Husqy

• Premium Member

I was referring to the Mobil 1 formulas for cars, which I buy at Bi-Mart. For motorcycles they have the Mobil 1 "V-twin" oil in 20W-50, but not the 10W-40 4T I run in my FJ-09. I've been buying it at O'Reilly's for $10 per quart; I'll definitely check out Walmart.

I've been using Rotella T6 in my bikes for the past several years.  It works great.  No issues at all.

Here's a tip for those of you who are in the military or retired.  Go to Home Depot to buy your Shell Rotella T6.  (They carry other brands, but I haven't bothered to know what they are since this is what I'm looking for.) 

Anyway, Home Depot will give you a 10% military discount and their price was at the Wally World price or less.  Then turn in the rebate.  My cost after the rebate and military discount was about $13/gallon.

Chris

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, daboo said:

Home Depot will give you a 10% military discount...

Maybe. I have a "Veteran" endorsement on my Oregon drivers license, which I had to show my DD214 to get. The drivers license gets me veteran discounts almost everywhere... Lowe's, restaurants, George Dickel Distillery, the House on the Rock... I even got a $500 rebate from Hyundai with it. But not Home Depot, my local store says they only accept an active military or VA ID.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, daboo said:

They probably count "veteran" as being different than Active Duty or Retired military.

Chris

Yes, but I'm not sure why unless they want to give as few discounts as possible while still claiming to support "veterans." There aren't a lot of veterans left out there, and the vast majority of us didn't serve 20+ years to retirement.

Archived