Scorpion Serket slip-on exhaust now available

ErieCO

Just moved to a Tracer GT from a Ducati ST3S.  Sacrificing exclusivity for low-maintenance reliability, and getting cruise, traction control & quick-shifter. Really loved the sound I got from carbon Ducati Performance slip-ons with easily removable/replaceable "dB killer" baffles. Found Scorpion Serket slip-on exhausts with very similar dB killer inserts.  Listen to the sweetness in this YouTube I found , starting with the dB killer insert in; not much louder than the stock exhaust:

Then listen with the dB killer out.  Mmmm, nice!  Think I'll run it around town with the killer out, and plug it back in for tours. For me, the deal-maker was that the CO sensor stays in just upstream of the exhaust, so there's no annoying popping on decel.  Just civilized enough, thank you.

Just talked Revzilla into carrying these for our bikes, around $480. Ordered mine immediately. Should be Sawzalling off eight ugly pounds this weekend, and letting the music of this lovely triple out!  It's a Yamaha musical instrument after all, no?

• Thumbsup 3

• 10 months later...

You have to cut the old exhaust off, just past the O2 sensor. I took the whole system off to do the job neatly. Theoretically you could do the cut in situ.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, herk said:

Was there any cutting involved (stock pipe) or was it straightforward?

Look at the post right above yours.  That links to a previous thread where everything is explained in detail.  Its fairly simple if you are adept with basic hand tools.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

If there's someone out there who doesn't want to run with the centerstand and hankers for a "deal" on one of those Scorpion cans (fits an FJ or Tracer without the centerstand), I got one sitting in the garage- needs a home. Only ran it for a day before the Graves showed up....