Puff of blue smoke on startup

Hello, this is my first new bike, but I've been riding for over twenty years. The bike had 60 miles on it, and when I started it today it had a pretty damn surprising amount of blue smoke come out the pipe and a large cloud floated away. I will try to capture this on film tomorrow. All I did was start it, no crazy cold revs or anything. Had some oil residue on the tip of exhaust too.

Anyone else?

Ty, how does your pipe look? I ask because in a professional review video I watched of the bike, like motoUSA or cycleworld or one of the other big ones, I noticed drops of oil on their demo bikes exhaust and thought holy smokes. I had that same thing. I'll document this all better tomorrow in the light. I put another 70 miles on today. I haven't been abiding it or even going near the red line.

I'm not worried yet, unless it keeps happening.

I did not see blue smoke on mine, but it had lots of oil residue on the exhaust tip from day 1.

I think it was overfilled at the dealer, every time I tried to check the oil level, I could never see the top, the oil level window was always "black". I did the first oil change last weekend and now I can see where the top is, and it looks nice and clean.

Yeah I'm thinking the exhaust tip thing is normal, just my puff is a bit scary. Here is exactly how mine looks.

At 1:35 they zoom in on the pipe.
Natter, mine had more than that actually. 
After the oil change it is not doing it anymore, at least after 2 short rides.

Archived