motopumps

Building an above the Instruments GPS mount Tracer GT...

Got a bit more done and have mounted the frame on the bike with a VStream Sport Touring Shield.   Please excuse the crappy pix and rough finish on the mount.  Still prototyping.

IMG_8369-X2.jpg

IMG_8370-X2.jpg

IMG_8372-X2.jpg

Very stiff and looks good with proper clearance from shield and enough room for your hand below the bar to adjust the height of the shield.

Still working on the design for the GPS mount that attaches to the cross bar.  It has a standard AMPs bolt pattern so my Zumo 550 cradle will attach.  Going to make it out of Delrin and probably also a version out of 6061 to compare.  Delrin is about half the weight, and strength is not an issue in this application.

Screen%20Shot%202019-03-13%20at%209.16.1

Have made the cross bar mount wider as of this evening. 

Rob

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Tracerracer said:

link 4 what? 

it is a diy gps mount, works with tomtom+garmin gps, RN57 only.

Since you didn't originally say that, I think he thought it was an off the shelf product available to purchase for our bikes.  I thought the same thing.

7 minutes ago, betoney said:

Since you didn't originally say that, I think he thought it was an off the shelf product available to purchase for our bikes.  I thought the same thing.

I did indeed!   He shood'a said... wooda have gained some kudos too for the nice job.

1 hour ago, Tracerracer said:

thanks guys, i will forward the kudos to my friend who made this wonderful gps mounting

Please also ask him whether he's going to sell them to us.

Thanks

Steve

• Thumbsup 1