12V electric mini tyre pump/ inflator

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I bought this a couple of years ago for about 45 bucks, they still sell it at cycle gear but without all the attachments very light and compact relatively smooth and quiet I'm actually pretty impressed with it and it's relatively light weight, and has an LED light and a port to check air pressure while you're filling it. the gauge that comes with it isn't that accurate though but I use a slime digital that was pretty cheap

20190312_230932.jpg

20190312_230924.jpg

20190312_230918.jpg

I got this exact kit about a year ago as well, and have used it.   It's an awesome little kit that fits under the passenger seat (outside of the zipper case they provide).   Also under the passenger seat is a tire puncture repair kit with the rope plugs and such.  Perfect emergency kit and I like that the little red cap that you see in the picture can be removed to check the tire pressure without disconnecting the pump from the valve stem.

I repurposed the little zipper case for other items.  It's a great little case.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, superfist said:

I got this exact kit about a year ago as well, and have used it.   It's an awesome little kit that fits under the passenger seat (outside of the zipper case they provide).   Also under the passenger seat is a tire puncture repair kit with the rope plugs and such.  Perfect emergency kit and I like that the little red cap that you see in the picture can be removed to check the tire pressure without disconnecting the pump from the valve stem.

I repurposed the little zipper case for other items.  It's a great little case.

I developed that kit in conjunction with Dynaplug.  We have them in the market under two sister brands.    Happy to offer a special price to any forum folks.  Send me a PM.

Most of these pumps are all the same, just different packaging around the pump.  Just buy a cheap one and remove the case the pump is enclosed in.  I think I paid nine bucks for mine at Tractor Supply.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, racer said:

Most of these pumps are all the same, just different packaging around the pump.  Just buy a cheap one and remove the case the pump is enclosed in.  I think I paid nine bucks for mine at Tractor Supply.

I did that many years ago and then made a little enclosure for it but it is definitely not the same as the dynaplug pump which is smaller has the screw on hose the LED light and the airport to check pressure well it's still connected it also doesn't run is hot or vibrate and is relatively quiet so not all pumps are created equal just my opinion

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member

How to people power their mobile tire pumps?

I bought one without checking the auxiliary fuse rating and it blew the 2A fuse instantly (the pump has a 10A rating, as it turns out).

Do you go directly to the battery somehow?

I have a fused SAE connector that is connected to the battery and run backwards so it finishes under the passenger seat. I can use it to connect a pump or as a way to charge the battery.

For example

$_62.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Find great deals for Battery Tender SAE DC Power Automotive DIY...

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member

I have a "Stop & Go" mini compessor. Might fit under passenger seat (I have a fuse block there on mine) but fits perfectly in my under-tail ammo box, along with my tool roll.  Comes with several ways to connect to 12v and works as advertised!  $38 on Amazon.

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, maximo said:

I have the CyclePump unit which is a highly rated pump and I carry it mostly for ballast and the ability to say “at least I tried!”.   I have no confidence that it would do anything other than give me something to throw in anger.  I’ve tried it at home and after blowing a number of fuses I finally got it to turn on.  First, the thing is as loud as a jackhammer. Holy crap, keep your earplugs in.  Second, it is finicky. The hoses had to be Just So in order to get air coming out the right place, but; Third the thing bounces around like a bull in a rodeo just after the chute opens. This thing just jumps and bucks and wants to go everywhere, when you recall point 2, you try to get it under control and run into: Fifth, the thing gets hot enough to cook naan on it. I even ruined a pair of riding gloves while holding it down in my garage, only to have the leather seared and crackled.

CP-A-2T.jpg
WWW.PASHNITMOTO.COM

Compact Travel Air Compressor for Motorcycles and Sport-Touring Travel Motorcyclists

So I still carry it in my saddlebag (even though it’s not very light or practical), and also carry a bicycle pump (which I’ve used a lot, actually). 

Picky, picky.....I have an older one that has performed flawlessly. Never overheated and aired my rear tire up on the Dalton Highway in a driving rainstorm. I didn't care if it made noise or bounced around a bit just so long as it aired my tire up.....which it did. Couldn't be happier!

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, peporter said:

Picky, picky.....I have an older one that has performed flawlessly. Never overheated and aired my rear tire up on the Dalton Highway in a driving rainstorm. I didn't care if it made noise or bounced around a bit just so long as it aired my tire up.....which it did. Couldn't be happier!

I've often wondered if I got a bad unit. I've heard others use it and have it work properly. I've tried it several times and always end up frustrated. One time I had it hooked up nice and tight with the unit secured and I let it run a long time, maybe 10-15 minutes. I couldn't get more that 5 PSI into my front tire.  So even putting aside all the nits, my unit can't even do its basic function.  

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

reviving an old thread - this is available in the UK and looks very similar to the Stop n Go device, minus the pouch

1371R_P?$p$

Order online at Screwfix.com. High pressure inflator with an analogue...

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

On 8/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, wessie said:

reviving an old thread - this is available in the UK and looks very similar to the Stop n Go device, minus the pouch

1371R_P?$p$

Order online at Screwfix.com. High pressure inflator with an analogue...

Can you post up the dimensions of this pump when you have a spare moment please?

Cheers

Steve

• Premium Member

I have the similar Stop n Go one - this is 4" x 2" x 6" (10cm x 5cm x 7.5cm) - it is an assumption the RAC one is the same dimensions

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I too have an RAC badged unit and decided having read this thread, to see if taking it out of the case was viable (to reduce its size).

Stupidly I forgot to measure it but it is 4inches-ish square X 1.5inch using good old imperial.

Taking the case off exposes the motor with a very vulnerable shaft with a cooling fan on the end as well as the tiny compressor. 

Removing it from the case is NOT viable.

It does not fit under the pillion seat.

Edited by flyfifer