China Aliexpress Tracer 900 oil sump guard Yay or Nay?

We all know how low the tracer's clearance is.

I was looking into guards that would protect the oil sump.

it seems like other than skid plates, the other alternative is this oil sump guard.

I don't fancy the idea of removing the skid plate for every oil change. Therefore i'm looking at this alternative.

Suggestions/inputs appreciated! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

2022131991_WhatsAppImage2019-03-08at13_13_10.jpeg.b54e7c4f48af8b715f6e7bb49d60e730.jpeg

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member

It's made of some seriously hard SS. I have a 2015 and was going to put it on. But I don't have the ability to drill a relief hole for the oil plug. Which was a deal breaker for me. I would let you have it if you pay the shipping from 33317.  

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

It's made of some seriously hard SS. I have a 2015 and was going to put it on. But I don't have the ability to drill a relief hole for the oil plug. Which was a deal breaker for me. I would let you have it if you pay the shipping from 33317.  

If @smeller doesn't respond, I'll take you up on that offer if it is still open.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

i have the same one in my local shopping cart, yet to check out.... fddriver2, thanks for the heads up.... not awared need to drill extra holes for the relief oil plug!  likely need to drill quite a big hole to also accomodate the ratchet. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

If @smeller doesn't respond, I'll take you up on that offer if it is still open.

Yeah. Just let me make sure I have all the parts.

Just remember it has some scratches where I was trying to drill a hole so that it didn't have to come off to change the oil....

I've drilled SS before. This stuff is crazy hard..

Whoever wants it I will send some pictures to to make sure  you are happy with it.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Im located in Denmark so shipping propaly wouldn't make sense. Just wanted to know if it actually fits and looks to be protective. I have the updated sump with the plug in the side instead.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, smeller said:

Im located in Denmark so shipping propaly wouldn't make sense. Just wanted to know if it actually fits and looks to be protective. I have the updated sump with the plug in the side instead.

No drilling should be required. At the price point I was trying to adapt it to my older bike. 

• Premium Member

@betoney pm your preferred method of contact. Text is the easiest for me. I'll send pictures

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

@betoney pm your preferred method of contact. Text is the easiest for me. I'll send pictures

Sent you a PM. 👍

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, WKE002 said:

i have the same one in my local shopping cart, yet to check out.... fddriver2, thanks for the heads up.... not awared need to drill extra holes for the relief oil plug!  likely need to drill quite a big hole to also accomodate the ratchet. 

It's for the new version of the oil pan 2017 and up? The oil plug is in a different spot on the newer models. I was trying to make it work on a 2015 FJ-09. I was taken in buy the description that said it was aluminum. It fits what it says it fits

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, fddriver2 said:

It's for the new version of the oil pan 2017 and up? The oil plug is in a different spot on the newer models. I was trying to make it work on a 2015 FJ-09. I was taken in buy the description that said it was aluminum. It fits what it says it fits

I have the original '15 oilpan with the 'shark fin', will this part fit?

• Supporting Member

A big THANK YOU to @fddriver2 for sending me the guard free of charge!   I helped him out many months ago with free parts and he returned the favor, just one of the benefits of this great forum, members helping other members.  😎👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1