Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
quaxum

China Aliexpress Tracer 900 oil sump guard Yay or Nay?

Recommended Posts

We all know how low the tracer's clearance is.

I was looking into guards that would protect the oil sump.

it seems like other than skid plates, the other alternative is this oil sump guard.

I don't fancy the idea of removing the skid plate for every oil change. Therefore i'm looking at this alternative.

Suggestions/inputs appreciated! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

 

 

 

2022131991_WhatsAppImage2019-03-08at13_13_10.jpeg.b54e7c4f48af8b715f6e7bb49d60e730.jpeg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reviving an old thread, has anyone tried it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's made of some seriously hard SS. I have a 2015 and was going to put it on. But I don't have the ability to drill a relief hole for the oil plug. Which was a deal breaker for me. I would let you have it if you pay the shipping from 33317.  


"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

It's made of some seriously hard SS. I have a 2015 and was going to put it on. But I don't have the ability to drill a relief hole for the oil plug. Which was a deal breaker for me. I would let you have it if you pay the shipping from 33317.  

If @smeller doesn't respond, I'll take you up on that offer if it is still open.


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the same one in my local shopping cart, yet to check out.... fddriver2, thanks for the heads up.... not awared need to drill extra holes for the relief oil plug!  likely need to drill quite a big hole to also accomodate the ratchet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered one, seems like the ideal solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, betoney said:

If @smeller doesn't respond, I'll take you up on that offer if it is still open.

Yeah. Just let me make sure I have all the parts.

Just remember it has some scratches where I was trying to drill a hole so that it didn't have to come off to change the oil....

I've drilled SS before. This stuff is crazy hard..

Whoever wants it I will send some pictures to to make sure  you are happy with it.

 

  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im located in Denmark so shipping propaly wouldn't make sense. Just wanted to know if it actually fits and looks to be protective. I have the updated sump with the plug in the side instead.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smeller said:

Im located in Denmark so shipping propaly wouldn't make sense. Just wanted to know if it actually fits and looks to be protective. I have the updated sump with the plug in the side instead.

No drilling should be required. At the price point I was trying to adapt it to my older bike. 


"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@betoney pm your preferred method of contact. Text is the easiest for me. I'll send pictures

 


"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fddriver2 said:

@betoney pm your preferred method of contact. Text is the easiest for me. I'll send pictures

 

Sent you a PM. 👍


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WKE002 said:

i have the same one in my local shopping cart, yet to check out.... fddriver2, thanks for the heads up.... not awared need to drill extra holes for the relief oil plug!  likely need to drill quite a big hole to also accomodate the ratchet. 

It's for the new version of the oil pan 2017 and up? The oil plug is in a different spot on the newer models. I was trying to make it work on a 2015 FJ-09. I was taken in buy the description that said it was aluminum. It fits what it says it fits


"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fddriver2 said:

It's for the new version of the oil pan 2017 and up? The oil plug is in a different spot on the newer models. I was trying to make it work on a 2015 FJ-09. I was taken in buy the description that said it was aluminum. It fits what it says it fits

I have the original '15 oilpan with the 'shark fin', will this part fit?


***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big THANK YOU to @fddriver2 for sending me the guard free of charge!   I helped him out many months ago with free parts and he returned the favor, just one of the benefits of this great forum, members helping other members.  😎👍

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×