Scorpion Exhaust

captfire22

• Supporting Member
47 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

I also haven't heard of anyone with a 2019 GT adding this pipe - so I'd better do some more Googling.

There shouldn't be any difference between the FJ and Tracer concerning the exhaust.  Same engine, same frame, same exhaust and same center stand mount point.  Other than the swingarm being longer, the front portion where it attaches to the frame is the same so the clearance area on the slip-on should be identical between the 2 bikes. 

I dont know how shipping and taxes/fees work for Canada but I believe @piotrek has the Scorpion, he might be able to offer more on that.  The U.K. company you listed gets it to you in 5 days and is the cheapest I have found.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

I also haven't heard of anyone with a 2019 GT adding this pipe - so I'd better do some more Googling.

Rob

There's no need for guess work, visit the Scorpion site and get the correct info from source.  The part no. for the GT is exactly the same as for the original Tracer, there is no difference.

CS

41 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

There's no need for guess work, visit the Scorpion site and get the correct info from source.  The part no. for the GT is exactly the same as for the original Tracer, there is no difference.

CS

Which is what I meant when I said I'd better do some more Googling.

Wasn't asking for anyone to do it for me nor do I need directions to the Scorpion site.

Thanks for confirming.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

...Using the link from the other thread to the UK company, (Adrenalin Pedstop) it comes to roughly $100 CAD less including international shipping (Fed-Ex). Understanding fully that I will likely get dinged for some extra fees/charges going this route and them using Fed-Ex - but not sure it would equal $100. Not sure what to do...

I was charged the equivalent of 13% HST on the total that included the item and shipping. Fair enough IMO. I am planning to scoot out to Royal this Saturday afternoon, if you want a demo... PM me. Who knows... you might hate it.

Oops ...looks like I might have confused your location with another member.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

6 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

So, after following this thread and then the other thread referenced above, I am seriously considering getting the Scorpion slip-on.

I found a Canadian re-seller (through Kijiji) - Dynamic Cycle Parts in Vaughan, ON.

Their price is $740 + tax (free shipping). $835 seems like a lot for a slip-on (and it is "back ordered" for 4 weeks).

Using the link from the other thread to the UK company, (Adrenalin Pedstop) it comes to roughly $100 CAD less including international shipping (Fed-Ex). Understanding fully that I will likely get dinged for some extra fees/charges going this route and them using Fed-Ex - but not sure it would equal $100. Not sure what to do 

From what I've read, it sounds like you don't need to change the fuel mapping when adding this pipe - but that seems weird to me given you are removing the catalytic converter.

Rob

Its crazy how much we need to pay in Canadian dollars for this, I am keeping an eye on the Pound to Canadian dollar exchange rates, obviously if the gap narrows, its less to purchase from across the pond.  Also, the sale that Kimpex has on the full system will get you a complete system for slightly more than just the muffler from others, I though of going that rout and only using the muffler, but I don't wan to spend  that much for just the muffler with no intention of installing the rest of it.  Could put the header pieces on Kijiji, but realistically, who would want just the header?

3 hours ago, piotrek said:

I was charged the equivalent of 13% HST on the total that included the item and shipping. Fair enough IMO. I am planning to scoot out to Royal this Saturday afternoon, if you want a demo... PM me. Who knows... you might hate it.

Oops ...looks like I might have confused your location with another member.

Nope, you’re correct - I’m in KW (Cambridge).

You ride past my work all summer long. 

:)

Is their tent sale on this weekend?

Cheers,

Rob

4 hours ago, captfire22 said:

Its crazy how much we need to pay in Canadian dollars for this, I am keeping an eye on the Pound to Canadian dollar exchange rates, obviously if the gap narrows, its less to purchase from across the pond.  Also, the sale that Kimpex has on the full system will get you a complete system for slightly more than just the muffler from others, I though of going that rout and only using the muffler, but I don't wan to spend  that much for just the muffler with no intention of installing the rest of it.  Could put the header pieces on Kijiji, but realistically, who would want just the header?

Couldn’t agree more. So tired of getting hosed on bike gear/parts.

I get the concept of supply and demand, but I’m still not sure that is why we always pay more for everything (exchange rate be damned!) It’s not just pricing either - availability of “stuff” isn’t what others get access to either. Oh well. It’s still the greatest country in the world and I wouldn’t swap places with anyone. :) 

I think the Scorpion header would be attractive to others of it wasn’t some Frankenstein looking, three individual pipe thing. 😉 

Cheers Captain.

Rob

4 hours ago, captainscarlet said:

Easy Tiger, no one is providing those things.  I'm sure you're big enough and ugly enough to do those things all by yourself. 😋

CS

Ugly = check

Big = working on it

Google Foo = middling

🙂

On 4/4/2019 at 7:36 PM, piotrek said:

Ha... I thought you were nearby somewhere, just couldn't remember where. I think it's early for their tent sale, and the Spring MC show is on this weekend. Forecast calls for 12C... will ride out to Royal and visit Two Wheel while in the area.

I'm heading out to Royal and 2 Wheel on Saturday too, maybe see you if our paths cross. I have to be home by 4pm so likely head out mid morning.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

On April 4, 2019 at 8:50 PM, rlambke19 said:

Couldn’t agree more. So tired of getting hosed on bike gear/parts.

I get the concept of supply and demand, but I’m still not sure that is why we always pay more for everything (exchange rate be damned!) It’s not just pricing either - availability of “stuff” isn’t what others get access to either. Oh well. It’s still the greatest country in the world and I wouldn’t swap places with anyone. :) 

I think the Scorpion header would be attractive to others of it wasn’t some Frankenstein looking, three individual pipe thing. 😉 

Cheers Captain.

Rob

Not everything is more costly in Canada, the Tracer GT is $12999 state side which when converted at .74 would be $17500 Cdn and the bike is only $14500 here. Taxes are higher here but USA dealers tend to add more fees. This is typical of all motorcycles, some Harley's are $8000 less in Canada.

I spent the winter in USA and did plenty of comparison shopping, the only way to save money is from an online discounter with free shipping and no tax, otherwise it was usually cheaper to just buy bike parts and tires in Canada.

I do agree there is better availability of stuff in USA, and having the stuff shipped to Canada sucks, the broker fees, taxes, and duty takes all the fun out of that.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Archived