Jump to content
Squid4Life

Fender Eliminator Advise...(tail tidy).

Recommended Posts

Im looking to replace that hideous thing that comes from factory. Yeah i know some of you ride in the rain(same here) and is very usefull plus street legal blah blah blah....my issue is that from time to time i will use the oem side cases...my question is which fender eliminator will work that the signal lights will not interfere with the saddlebags?

..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

Im looking to replace that hideous thing that comes from factory. Yeah i know some of you ride in the rain(same here) and is very usefull plus street legal blah blah blah....my issue is that from time to time i will use the oem side cases...my question is which fender eliminator will work that the signal lights will not interfere with the saddlebags?

..

I have just done exactly the above.....

CS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Squid4Life said:

Im looking to replace that hideous thing that comes from factory. Yeah i know some of you ride in the rain(same here) and is very usefull plus street legal blah blah blah....my issue is that from time to time i will use the oem side cases...my question is which fender eliminator will work that the signal lights will not interfere with the saddlebags?

..

This one works for side cases and it ships from Rhode island, so you would get it quick. Its for the Tracer 900. Or do you have an FJ-09?

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Lose the over-sized OEM rear fender/plate hanger and shape up your rear-end with the R&G Tail Tidy fender eliminator for your motorcycle. Available now at Twisted Throttle!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

I got an Fj...im from NYC. Thanks will check the link.

Scratch that idea above, wont work on your FJ. 

I just used our search bar and found numerous past discussions, always remember to search past discussions because the answer to most questions have already been asked and answered.  Check out this link.

If you do a forum search for OEM side cases , there are many threads and options. Most include using the Yosh fender eliminator with smaller LED blinkers. 

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit license plate mount.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Scratch that idea above, wont work on your FJ. 

I just used our search bar and found numerous past discussions, always remember to search past discussions because the answer to most questions have already been asked and answered.  Check out this link.

If you do a forum search for OEM side cases , there are many threads and options. Most include using the Yosh fender eliminator with smaller LED blinkers. 

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_aprilia_
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

Clean up your motorcycle’s rear end with this dazzling laser-cut and LED-lit...

 

Point taken about the search feature...i only posted bc this forum is pretty slow so imh sometimes questions like this will get the ball rolling. By your logic 95% of the questions here has been asked and anwered but no worries, from now on it will be only search for me anyways

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Squid4Life said:

Point taken about the search feature...i only posted bc this forum is pretty slow so imh sometimes questions like this will get the ball rolling. By your logic 95% of the questions here has been asked and anwered but no worries, from now on it will be only search for me anyways

 

Thanks

Our answers might be a bit slower than facebook, but our answers are usually more correct. lol 

  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Squid4Life - I run with the bags on the bike 99% of the time, so just flat-mounting the license plate to the stock assembly & going with the Super Tenere LED signals was all it took to clean up the rear of my FJ.  Obviously, that doesn’t really address your question, however...  

Here’s a really slick idea that a forum member came up with previously.   Basically a sliding assembly for the signals and plate to adjust for the bags being on or off.   Depending on how industrious you’re feeling, it shouldn’t be too hard to replicate the concept: 

 

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went the Yosh and small LED blinker route. Yosh works well, looks good to me but is a bit pricey for what it is. Works great with my soft bag's and I assume it would work with the hard bags.

IMG_20181020_161557205-small.jpeg.d0896ff270dbf006c2017484008a71c0.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×