Sign in to follow this  
Husqy

Riders over 6ft/190cm, what windscreen do you use?

22 minutes ago, betoney said:

I think you will notice a huge difference without a wind screen.  My brother has a Honda 919 naked bike with no screen and when we ride together we always swap bikes throughout the day, the difference between the 2 bikes is very noticeable.

I cant say that I share the same feelings with you about wind buffeting though, having your head shake around like a rag doll makes a ride miserable and will wear you out very quickly.

What screen do you have?

5 minutes ago, andz said:

What screen do you have?

I adapted a Puig touring screen from my previous Gen II FZ1.  I had to drill new mounting holes and made wind spoilers for each side from ABS plastic.  The top of the screen is 8" above the top of the instrument gauge. 

I get moderate wind noise while on the highway but nothing uncomfortable with or without earplugs, and no buffeting.

image.thumb.png.de1157b2cabe78f4a28f0be8cab0c528.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6-2  32 inseam...  I have a 22inch Madstad and get no buffeting.  I get air around the sides of the screen which I like.

6'2" and use this. I tried a taller shield but didn't like it. The top flopped around in the wind at 70 or more. Very IMG_5971.thumb.JPG.faae9f0e5d472db8ffb5975463b328b1.JPGIMG_5963.thumb.JPG.a300acd26d1917303a3005887131c159.JPGg. 

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

On 4/2/2019 at 9:03 PM, Husqy said:

Interesting... might have to check this one out! Have you found buffeting to be an issue with smaller screens as well?

Thanks for the info...and the link!!