Grey or Black Jacket

captfire22

Well, I researched this as much as I think I can, used my previous experience of wearing a predominately black jacket, listed to some very good and compelling comments, flipped a coin and went with Black.

I placed an order with Twisted Throttle via this website and used up my complimentary 100 points for registering with them, and that made them the cheapest place in Canada to buy a Klim Apex jacket, it was $1.00 Cad cheaper than any other retailer.

Edited by captfire22

• 1 month later...

I had my first ride in the Klim Apex jacket yesterday evening. It arrived last week but we were away on vacation.  It took 6 weeks from order to delivery, not a problem since its been cold here, in fact I only have 17km on my new Tracer -- sheesh.  I went with the black large jacket and am very impressed so far with the look, fit and fell of it.  It is expensive and might be over priced a bit but I have no regrets. It was 7 degrees C last night (44 F) with a strong north wind and I had a tee-shirt and light long sleeve shirt on under the jacket, and the jacket and was not cold.  The jacket stops all wind from entering and seems to help retain body heat.  The jacket also feels great, fits very nicely (my body shape is not so easily fitted 5'-9 and 195 lbs), kind of like you want to wear it while driving your car also lol.  Another thing that I found classy on behalf of Klim and Twisted throttle, the jacket arrived laying flat nicely in a large box and with a Klim hanger - just a nice final touch I think, not a big deal but know I know if some one else here is using my hanger.

I have no idea how it vents yet because its so darn cold out - every day it seems, so I will focus on warmth for a while. I am sure that it will vent as others describe and have no worries about it. The reviews are accurate for this jacket.

Very impressed so far.

• Thumbsup 3

I hear you about the weather here in the "Great White North". This "spring" has been so cold and wet.

I can't recall the last time I came in from cutting the grass and the furnace was running. So weird.

Congrats on your new jacket! I too go through the same arduous process when making a new gear purchase. Glad it worked out for you!

Cheers

Rob

Ontario

On 3/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, wordsmith said:

Wow! - those KLIM jackets are pretty expensive!   I understand that in most cases you get what you pay for, but...

Many of the other brands look appreciably cheaper, say one-third to half the price that we'd pay here for a similar-looking jacket (I have a view that they all come out of the same factory!)

Can assure you that Klim is not made in the same factories.  Many of their Products are made here in Idaho. 

The Klim will stay 100% waterproof while the others will get you wet.

The klim will hold up during a long slide and protect you, while the others will often rip apart and get you skin graft surgeries. 

Klim is among the best. 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, Cruizin said:

Your dollar is weak, but right now you can ride down to your local dispensary and buy some purple cush legally. 

Edge goes to Canada. 

Denver just legalized psilocybin mushrooms yesterday. 

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

1 hour ago, tktplz said:

Denver just legalized psilocybin mushrooms yesterday. 

Yeah I saw that.  In the PNW, those shrooms grow all over the place.  We used to pick em on Fort Lewis when i was in the army and trip on weekends.  Then, one private picked and ate the wrong ones and almost died, spent a month in the hospital. 

Then they tried to drug test us for shrooms, but the only way to test for it is spinal tap, so ....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Can assure you that Klim is not made in the same factories.  Many of their Products are made here in Idaho. 

The Klim will stay 100% waterproof while the others will get you wet.

The klim will hold up during a long slide and protect you, while the others will often rip apart and get you skin graft surgeries. 

Klim is among the best. 

I am very impressed with this Jacket so far and I don't expect that to change.  If you are on the fence, go for it and I am sure like me there will be no regrets.  

The tag on my Jacket says Made In China, that doesn't change anything for me but to be honest I will spend more for products made in North America if the choice exists, but those choices seem few and far in between.