First ride - trany whine, GPS.

Luma46

• 5 weeks later...

it is one downfall to putting the large givi windscreen on, since you are almost all out of the wind you can really hear the sixth gear whine over engine noise. it seems like you always give up something when you gain something else.

Just wanted to reconfirm that with milleage the whine is diminishing. I have now close to 3k kms on the bike and past the first oil change. I can still hear the whine in 6th, it is now limited to about 80 to 95 km/h range (going by gps) only under load and it doesn't bother me any more. So for me the problem is solved.

I think the whine is just something this bike does.  It's not anything to worry about.  Wear earplugs and enjoy.  You should be wearing earplugs at all times anyway.  Wind noise is what damages people's hearing while riding a bike.  Not wearing earplugs on a bike is a very foolish thing to do.  Don't be foolish.

Can’t say I have really noticed the whine, I ride with ear plugs and any noise I have heard I just accepted was part of the tracer experience.

However regarding your gps it’s the tft display that’s interfering with it, see my post sat nav mount sorted and the link to some photographs of how I have resolved the issue.

Mike

Edited by quetech
Missed word

On 5/19/2019 at 2:51 AM, quetech said:

However regarding your gps it’s the tft display that’s interfering with it, see my post sat nav mount sorted and the link to some photographs of how I have resolved the issue.

Mike

I have repositioned my Oregon gps, it is installed now horizontally about 1" above handlebars clamp. No more interference, full signal.