Rubber block under the seat

captfire22

Yup, mine was thrown in the trash the first time I took the seat off.  I'm sure it's a Security Feature as others have noted, but TBH I'd rather be able to get the seat off by poking something in there if I ever need to. I've had more than one pillion lock seize up on me when I REALLY needed to get at my battery, including on my MT07.  

I'm incredibly dubious that anyone is going to steal my seat, and pulling my seat off isn't really going to help anything.  Anyone actually trying to steal the bike isn't going to be faffing around with removing the seat anyways.

I threw mine away and bike would not start until i got another one!!!

• Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 10:07 AM, jamespansbro@yahoo said:

That block seems like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Now that sums it up!

First time I struggled to get it out I immediately screwed an eye hook into it.

But then...

First time I installed front seat wrong by having the front of the seat in the wrong position when locking it down rendered the lil rubber effer unremoveable.  I spent about an hour intermittently swearing at imaginary Japanese engineers before figuring out how to unlatch (a finger worked in the end, btw.  Not the one I was waving at the imaginary Japanese engineers).

I wrote "Tracer" on it with a silver felt and joined the rest of you Rubber Huckers