Wire in auxiliary brake lights?

windycityj

I'm looking at wiring in the Givi LED brake lights from my top box and I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions about a method. I'm reluctant to carve into a pristine wiring harness, so I have been thinking about using a posi-tap (http://www.posi-products.com) after the connector under the passenger seat so I can replace the tail light assembly with something aftermarket if I need to 'roll back' the mod.  Thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea. The posi-lock brand of products work really well. I just used them to extend out the brake connector from my CustomLED integrated tail light as the harness they ship with the FZ-09 tail light is just a little short for the FJ-09. Even if you did want to go back on your mod you could just cut the wire and splice in a posi-lock connector and it would be good as new.

Hope you find the solution that works best for you.

Sounds like a good idea. The posi-lock brand of products work really well. I just used them to extend out the brake connector from my CustomLED integrated tail light as the harness they ship with the FZ-09 tail light is just a little short for the FJ-09. Even if you did want to go back on your mod you could just cut the wire and splice in a posi-lock connector and it would be good as new. 
Hope you find the solution that works best for you.

Used the posi connectors on my additional rear leds they work with no problem

Archived