• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My new favorite gloves in the world.

Cruizin

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, rustyshackles said:

I’m guessing these new gloves, with free shipping from China, are counterfeit,  >$100 at Revzilla.

F46F9AD6-5500-4391-BAD6-F77ED2E85D14.png

Ha-, too funny.  I have the Rev'it Sand glove, I'd be curious to compare the quality to these counterfeits.  The Sand 3 is a great vented glove BTW.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I use to visit China regularly in my last job. When I asked about the knock-offs in local markets the locals explained how it is done.

- the factory quotes to the Western customer, how many coats for example, that they can make from each square meter of cloth.

- the factory delivers against that spec, but “to their surprise” finds that they can make more than they planned to.

- these are sold by the factory and it’s all profit.

Items made this way are the same quality as the real deal, but I got the impression that they are sold locally. 

The other way is that the Chinese factory makes the product for the western customer, but has now learned how to make it and has all the patterns. They then make their own copy, often with cheaper materials and sell directly on sites like ebay.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, BBB said:

I use to visit China regularly in my last job. When I asked about the knock-offs in local markets the locals explained how it is done.

- the factory quotes to the Western customer, how many coats for example, that they can make from each square meter of cloth.

- the factory delivers against that spec, but “to their surprise” finds that they can make more than they planned to.

- these are sold by the factory and it’s all profit.

Items made this way are the same quality as the real deal, but I got the impression that they are sold locally. 

The other way is that the Chinese factory makes the product for the western customer, but has now learned how to make it and has all the patterns. They then make their own copy, often with cheaper materials and sell directly on sites like ebay.

They make em with far cheaper materials, and that is really bad considering that we are talking about safety equipment. Then, somebody wrecks, slides and all the skin gets ripped from their hands, down to the bone. 

No thanks. I'll stick with the real thing at RevZilla. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, wordsmith said:

BMW gloves are top-class, and unlike with Held (though no doubt fine products) you don't have to sell your first-born to be able to afford a pair.

Bought a pair of BMW gloves 10 years ago. They were not cheap but 10 years later they are as good as new and have been a great investment. 

My day in and day out gloves are the ropers that Aerostich sells.  Not flash or sexy, hardly even look like motorcycle gloves but once I put them on I’ve never wanted anything else. 

I have 2 pairs of Rev-it riding pants. Really like them. Unfortunately the jackets are too European cut for me which is a shame because I like the products. At 5’7” 175lbs with a 34” waist I don’t think I’m too far out of the American ordinary. I usually wear a Large in Tourmaster/Cortech or Olympia but can barely get my arms in a Rev-it XL and the waist would go around me twice. WTF?  Rev-it needs to take sizing lessons from Duluth Trading. 

Edited by Guest

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, donk said:

Bought a pair of BMW gloves 10 years ago. They were not cheap but 10 years later they are as good as new and have been a great investment. 

My day in and day out gloves are the ropers that Aerostich sells.  Not flash or sexy, hardly even look like motorcycle gloves but once I put them on I’ve never wanted anything else. 

I have 2 pairs of Rev-it riding pants. Really like them. Unfortunately the jackets are too European cut for me which is a shame because I like the products. At 5’7” 175lbs with a 34” waist I don’t think I’m too far out of the American ordinary. I usually wear a Large in Tourmaster/Cortech or Olympia but can barely get my arms in a Rev-it XL and the waist would go around me twice. WTF?  Rev-it needs to take sizing lessons from Duluth Trading. 

Very true.  I usually wear an XL glove, with Rev'it or Alpinestars I need an XXL and that is snug.  I found the same thing with jackets as well, at least one size larger with Rev'it or Alpinestars. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, donk said:

Check out Klim jackets. No tapering down to the waist. 

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

Check out Klim jackets. No tapering down to the waist. 

Sure, can I borrow your credit card?  Klim is great stuff not going to argue that. It’s just that I’ve ridden from corner to corner of the US wearing a Tourmaster Transition 30-95 degrees and all kinds of weather and the jacket worked just fine. Makes it hard to wrap your head around spending 3X the money on the next jacket. 

• Premium Member

Look for sales or NOS or NWT on ebay. You can find Klim sometimes for 40% off. My Tourmaster jacket literally fell apart in a year - frayed seams peeling waterproofing. The single layer Gore tex, better venting, and better armor IMO justify the extra $150 - $250. 

(I can't afford a Badlands either)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just ordered my second pair of these Racer Gloves.  My first pair is not quite done yet but I have watched the price of these creep upward and wanted a second pair to put back for when needed.

Brilliant gloves.  Feel broken in from the first time you put them on.  Quality materials and construction.  Kangaroo palms, carbon fiber on all the knuckles, Knox palm sliders.  

I ordered a couple pair of other gloves that cost less and were actually quite good, but ended up returning them and paying more for these.....so worth it.

High_Racer_white_top_400x.jpg

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thumbsup 2

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

I just ordered my second pair of these Racer Gloves.  My first pair is not quite done yet but I have watched the price of these creep upward and wanted a second pair to put back for when needed.

Brilliant gloves.  Feel broken in from the first time you put them on.  Quality materials and construction.  Kangaroo palms, carbon fiber on all the knuckles, Knox palm sliders.  

I ordered a couple pair of other gloves that cost less and were actually quite good, but ended up returning them and paying more for these.....so worth it.

High_Racer_white_top_400x.jpg

How is the sizing on these gloves?  Depending on the brand, I own gloves in L, XL and XXL.

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Quality materials and construction.  Kangaroo palms

Kangaroo palms!  What do they think they're doing putting one half of our National coat of arms in their gloves! 😮

(It's the one on the left BTW 😉)

Coat of arms of Australia - Wikipedia

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, betoney said:

How is the sizing on these gloves?  Depending on the brand, I own gloves in L, XL and XXL.

I would say the sizing on these gloves is pretty accurate.  I had size large (size 9 numerically) in Held gloves and they were just the slightest bit on the snug side but still a good fit.  These Racer gloves do not come in numerical sizes, and the large size fits me perfectly.  Sportbiketrackgear.com has the Racer gloves and they are very good about returns and exchanges if you need to try another size.  In the past when buying boots or gloves if I had any size concerns I ordered two sizes from them and then returned the ones I did not want to keep.

Edited by johnmark101
  • Thanks 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.