Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cruizin

Obenauf LP will make your boots/leathers last damn near forever

Recommended Posts

Good motorcycle boots and jackets should last a very very long time, as leathers that are hundreds of years old are in museums all over the world. But left untreated, leather dries, cracksa and fades. 

I have been using Obenauf LP leather conditioner for years on my workboots and motorcycle leathers and boots. It has no petroleum or parrfin in it, it's beeswax and other natural ingredients and it's even better than mink oil for leather. 

Rub them into old boots and then add a 2nd treatment, and they will start to look and feel new again.  Rub it into new motorcycle boots and again ever six months, and those boots should last you forever. 

Im about to treat my Sidi Canyons and will post before and after pics. Its been years since I treated them, slap me. 

You cant beat this stuff, used by leather tanners and craftsmen all over the world. Also good for leather seats. 

It also waterproofs your leathers. 

 https://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Leather-Conditioner-Natural-Beeswax/dp/B0002X520S/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=obenaufs+heavy+duty+lp&qid=1554271096&s=gateway&sr=8-3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting stuff. I like the fact that it uses tree resins and bees wax instead of lanolin or animal fats that leave leather greasy and just migrate back to the surface where their of no use.

I've been using Lexol for many years to condition my (and my kid's) baseball gloves, track leathers, etc. because it doesn't 'load up' the leather making it feel heavy or greasy, plus it doesn't migrate. Wonder if this stuff accomplishs the same, will have to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Nuckingfuts said:

Interesting stuff. I like the fact that it uses tree resins and bees wax instead of lanolin or animal fats that leave leather greasy and just migrate back to the surface where their of no use.

I've been using Lexol for many years to condition my (and my kid's) baseball gloves, track leathers, etc. because it doesn't 'load up' the leather making it feel heavy or greasy, plus it doesn't migrate. Wonder if this stuff accomplishs the same, will have to try it out.

Loggers and forest fire fighters use this stuff and swear by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after reading your post @cruizin I looked into this product further and liked what I was seeing.  So I bought some and put it on every leather thing I owned.  Our baseball gloves feel amazing now and our boots have been restored to their original condition or better. So far so good with everything I have treated...not oily feeling at all....seems to be absorbed into the leather as opposed to sitting on the surface on the leather.  nice stuff.

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stumpy said:

after reading your post @cruizin I looked into this product further and liked what I was seeing.  So I bought some and put it on every leather thing I owned.  Our baseball gloves feel amazing now and our boots have been restored to their original condition or better. So far so good with everything I have treated...not oily feeling at all....seems to be absorbed into the leather as opposed to sitting on the surface on the leather.  nice stuff.

Awesome! Its the best thing you can do for leather.  My Grandson put's it on his baseball glove weekly, puts it under his mattress and it's broke in nicely. 

  • Thumbsup 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, Cruizin said:

Awesome! Its the best thing you can do for leather.  My Grandson put's it on his baseball glove weekly, puts it under his mattress and it's broke in nicely. 

I'm going to have to look into this.  I really like that it's not oily/runny and is soaked into the leather without the need to wipe residue off later.  My bottle of Lexol conditioner is running low so I'll try this for my next cleaning/conditioning of my jacket this fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to buy a shoe cleaner expensive, until I saw this one, completely inexpensive and of quite acceptable quality. Of course, the Apple Leather Care  company that I bought is very expensive compared to this product. But the quality is beyond praise. This tool certainly can not be compared, but also in general it copes quite well with the task. There are a couple more budget options. Look here. https://leather-toolkits.com/reviews/best-leather-boot-conditioners-and-cleaners/


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


×