How many km can this motor make...

ilanr1

Hi , i have a 2015 tracer 900 with 85,000 km = 50,500 miles  , i'm asking myself how many km left for me on this motor or in another words how many km can this motor do before a major overhaul ?.

I always change my engine oil + filter on time and do all the maintenance that is needed according to Yamaha's chart.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

• Premium Member

There is a member here who has 142,000 miles on his. @olddawg

• Thumbsup 4

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

See, that's good because miles are like kilometers but bigger.

All kidding aside, I have 53K miles on mine and i'm about to do two cross country (USA) trips without any hesitation. 

• Thumbsup 5

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Buggy Nate said:

I want to know his maintenance history. That is impressive!

It's in that thread I posted. Or you could just pm him 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Olddawg’s FJ longevity isn’t one bit surprising to me. This is a modern motorcycle  made with quality materials by a reputable manufacturer. The longevity of his butt.....now that’s impressive 

• Haha 2

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, olddawg said:

153,000 and counting

This is what makes me laugh every time someone whines about some minor scuff or a bit of surface rust on something.  Some minor imperfection. 

Ride the damn thing. The scuffs and dinks and imperfections are a part of being an actual rider.

9 hours ago, betoney said:

Your hero status improves every week!  Good job!  🏆

I feel the same way. 😎 I'm just wondering when he sleeps. 😮

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm just an old guy that loves to ride and has the opportunity.  I'll be down for awhile waiting on parts.  Friday a woman backed into me at a gas station and knocked me down.  Broke handguard, mirror, brake lever and foot peg .  Hope to get back on the road soon.

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, olddawg said:

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm just an old guy that loves to ride and has the opportunity.  I'll be down for awhile waiting on parts.  Friday a woman backed into me at a gas station and knocked me down.  Broke handguard, mirror, brake lever and foot peg .  Hope to get back on the road soon.

Glad to hear that you are ok, fortunately just a broken bike.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, betoney said:

Glad to hear that you are ok, fortunately just a broken bike.

Yep, glad she just didn't hurt you. Bikes can always be fixed or replaced. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to be back on the road again after a minor accident with a SUV that backed into me and broke some parts ( bike, not me ) .  Then came flooding near my house that keep home about 10 days .  6/1/19 156,000 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1