• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Levelling the rider seat (a bit)

Many people complain about the OEM seat being slanted forward. Considering that the foot pegs are rather in rearward position it is not too bad, however, I agree that seat sloping is not ideal. I did remedy this a bit.

I ride with seat in higher position, like the extra leg room. The seat has 6 rubber bumps underneath,  2 up  front, two on the middle  and 2 small ones in the back. The front and middle are 15 mm high,  forgot to measure the rear ones. I left the front ones intact, cut the middle ones to 11 mm and the rear ones to 8 mm high. The limiting factor in lowering the back of the seat is the latch locking the seat in position. With what I have done the latch still locks securely,  in fact the back of seat could probably go down another couple of mm.

So overall it is not much of an adjustment, but you can feel the difference.

Edited by Luma46
  • Thanks 1

I used to add adhesive felt pads to the front of the seat carrier to hold the front of the seat in the high position and allow the rear of the seat to be in the low position. This worked great for all last season. I am now the proud owner of a Terry Adcox seat and am very pleased.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

I spent many nights and beers last year trying to level out the seat.  All to no avail.

That was my experience also.  The use of spacers or taking out tabs left the seat wobbly, not secured in place.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

10 hours ago, runnerhiker said:

That was my experience also.  The use of spacers or taking out tabs left the seat wobbly, not secured in place.

I would argue that cutting out the rear rubber bumps/spacers should make the seat less wobbly (less rubber).