Akrapovic carbon exhaust on GT with centre stand

bugie

Hi all,

So I just received my Akrapovic  racing line exhaust (S-Y9R8-HEGEHT) and was doing some research and saw that with the older model FJ it wouldn't work with the Centre stand. There is however no mention of the requirement to remove the centre stand on the website although i did notice the bike shown on the the website is the older FJ without the centre stand. I know that the exhaust has been updated since last year and that it states it is compatible with the GT.

I ordered directly from Akrapovic and not from Yamaha so mine has the yellow and red Akrapovic sticker as opposed to the stamp like the Yamaha one. Since the Akrapovic website only listed this exhaust for the GT I assumed that it is identical to the Yamaha version (bar the sticker). Can anyone confirm this and are any of you running the same exhaust and have you got it to work with the centre stand?

56237545_393837734503269_5610402473232564224_n.jpg

Thanks. Was seeing posts on the exhaust carbon tip exhaust not fitting and got a little panicked (more so when I saw the Akrapovic site should the bike without the exhaust but I guess they were referring to a different exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived