Screen for tall rider

14 hours ago, StealthAu said:

North East QLD mate. 

Coming through your way early June, riding to Cooktown and back...

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

i installed a givi 2139. i am 6' and at the high setting it does put me out of the wind on the highway. but just barely over my helmet with seat at low height. so at 6' 6'' you will be getting at visor which wouldn't be good. the givi is borderline ridiculous looking at it's size, can't imagine what something bigger would look like.

at you height you might be better with a smaller screen and get the wind at your chest. anything above that but below top of helmet will cause buffeting at highway speeds ,which the worst scenario

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, harraseeket said:

at you height you might be better with a smaller screen and get the wind at your chest. anything above that but below top of helmet will cause buffeting at highway speeds ,which the worst scenario

^^^This^^^

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, harraseeket said:

i installed a givi 2139. i am 6' and at the high setting it does put me out of the wind on the highway. but just barely over my helmet with seat at low height. so at 6' 6'' you will be getting at visor which wouldn't be good. the givi is borderline ridiculous looking at it's size, can't imagine what something bigger would look like.

It doesn't necessarily need to be bigger for it to work for me. Angles play a big part here. I'm tossing up between the givi and madstrad, the givi is 4" taller, but from what I'm reading, the madstrad could be a better option.

1 hour ago, StealthAu said:

Pulled the trigger on a Madstad, adjustable height and angle sold me. Will update on effectiveness. 

Looking forward to it. Still looking for a windscreen worth it.

Shorter rider, 5'5" I love my GT but the windscreen and the fact a helm won't fit in the saddlebag are the only things I dont like about the bike.

5 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

Looking forward to it. Still looking for a windscreen worth it.

Shorter rider, 5'5" I love my GT but the windscreen and the fact a helm won't fit in the saddlebag are the only things I dont like about the bike.

At 5'5", what issues are you having with the stock screen?

I love my Madstad. I found the tall version of the Cal Sci wasn't quite tall enough to put me in still air. If they made it any bigger, it would likely catch too much air and put excessive strain on the stock windscreen bracket. The Madstad uses its own bracket which is much, much sturdier than the stock piece. I am 6'2", so I would recommend the tall Cal Sci screen to anyone 6'0" and under. I would like to post mine in the classifieds, but am working on getting enough posts to be able to list things there.

2019 Tracer GT and 2015 SR400

Has anyone tried the full MRA screen?

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Enhance your touring experience with the MRA Motorcycle Windshield for Yamaha Tracer 900 / GT. Available in clear, smoke or black, shop now!

thanks,

Mike

On 4/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, undecider said:

I love my Madstad. I found the tall version of the Cal Sci wasn't quite tall enough to put me in still air. If they made it any bigger, it would likely catch too much air and put excessive strain on the stock windscreen bracket. The Madstad uses its own bracket which is much, much sturdier than the stock piece. I am 6'2", so I would recommend the tall Cal Sci screen to anyone 6'0" and under. I would like to post mine in the classifieds, but am working on getting enough posts to be able to list things there.

post a pic of it? heh

• Supporting Member
On 4/28/2019 at 6:34 AM, ekimtracergt said:

Has anyone tried the full MRA screen?

WWW.TWISTEDTHROTTLE.COM

Enhance your touring experience with the MRA Motorcycle Windshield for Yamaha Tracer 900 / GT. Available in clear, smoke or black, shop now!

thanks,

Mike

Mike, I have the MRA Touring w/no spoiler or piping on my GT.  It works very well for me, but I'm only 5'10".  In the screen's high position, the wind hits me at the top of my forehead, but it's very smooth with no turbulence or head shake.  I also wear ear plugs regardless of screen type or bike type/make.

No idea how well it'll work for your 6'1" frame.

Ed

MRA.3.jpeg

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)