Screen for tall rider

On 4/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, Bimbim18 said:

At the highest setting,  The air seems go right in my face.  Really apparent at 60+mph 

That's the exact problem I have so I went the other way and ordered a really short one and think it looks pretty sweet on there.

PUIGUSA.COM

Screen derived of competition, their double height diminishes the air effect on helmet. Manufacturated with acrylic of

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my Puig touring screen fitted to my bike. Original screen held in front for comparison. I’m 6’6 and wasn’t very happy with the original screen, lots of buffeting. I will try this out and might buy the additional visor if this screen doesn’t eliminate the buffeting. This screen is 10cm (4 inch) higher than stock and a bit wider aswell. Can’t wait to try it!

B85925F0-355D-459E-AAC1-E8F704DEEDED.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2019 at 6:34 AM, hussan said:

Just got my Puig touring screen fitted to my bike. Original screen held in front for comparison. I’m 6’6 and wasn’t very happy with the original screen, lots of buffeting. I will try this out and might buy the additional visor if this screen doesn’t eliminate the buffeting. This screen is 10cm (4 inch) higher than stock and a bit wider aswell. Can’t wait to try it!

B85925F0-355D-459E-AAC1-E8F704DEEDED.jpeg

Any thoughts on the shied? I'm 6-5 and looking for a quieter ride as well. The Puig has my interest.

• Thumbsup 1

If you are only concerned about the noise, grab one of the small $25 Chinese deflector screens and give it a try. I'm 6'3" and the stock screen is fine for air protection but way too noisy. The little screen takes care of the noise beautifully. To test if this would work for you, get up to speed and hold your hand above the stock screen. You'll be amazed at the drop in turbulence and noise.  I also bought a Puig racing screen for the warmer months to allow smooth air flow to my helmet and to keep cool.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 5:12 PM, awesomeparty said:

I tried the Yamaha touring screen and got the madstad instead with a 26" screen. I'm 6'1" and I'm not getting any buffeting at all now. Madstad is the best option. Also comes with smaller side shields at bottom. 

Same here; tried the touring screen and it was very noisy in my helmet.  I'm 5'9" and got the 22" clear Madstad (per their recommendation).  After about 4 or 5 adjustments I found the optimum position for me.  Couldn't be happier!

• Thumbsup 1

Hello All,

From what I've read here and on various on line sources I think the Madstad would be a very good choice for me.  I'm 6'2" and have about 7000kms with the stock screen.  Maybe it's just me but at $540 Cdn (after exchange and shipping) that seems like a whole lot of money for a screen.  Wow.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, joe72t said:

Hello All,

From what I've read here and on various on line sources I think the Madstad would be a very good choice for me.  I'm 6'2" and have about 7000kms with the stock screen.  Maybe it's just me but at $540 Cdn (after exchange and shipping) that seems like a whole lot of money for a screen.  Wow.

You won't be disappointed. I am not tall... but I can vouch for the product quality and design (adjustability). Make this the only screen you buy for your bike... trial-and-error thing could get just as costly... lived it. 😏

They run discounts every now and then... call them up.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My madstad 26" does move around at high speed or wind. I didn't have one of the rubber mounts pushed in and tightened all the way and the lower left side popped out on the highway. Not a fun experience. Tightened things up and did 500mi today no problem. It's a big screen and is super quiet but it is def pushing the limits of the fasteners and mounts with the 26". 

• 3 weeks later...

I run a 26" Madstad also. You do get air movement around your body, but not directly. The air is clean and quiet around your helmet - No buffeting and no back pressure. Yes, it's big, but it works. 

I also adapted the stock screen to fit on the Madstad bracket for day rides as a short screen. I used the upper holes in the screen to fit in the lower bracket holes, then drilled two new holes in the screen to match the upper part of the bracket. Works great.

• Thumbsup 1

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT