StealthAu

Screen for tall rider

Great information here!

I haven't even ridden the bike or have it yet but I can see that the stock windshield is a joke. I am 6' 1" and thinking I should probably go with the Madstad 24" based on the feedback. Unfortunately shipping these days to Canada is a nightmare! I have gone with a local online distributor and was able to find the National Cycle version. I will post once installed and let you know how it works. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Goldwing with a windshield 2ft wide and 3ft tall! 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:31 PM, Rovari said:

I will post once installed and let you know how it works. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Goldwing with a windshield 2ft wide and 3ft tall! 

Glad to see this post and will be following. I too am coming from a Goldwing and just picked my Tracer up yesterday. In the short ride I did yesterday my head is right in the turbulence zone and it was slightly annoying even with my Shoei GT Air.

Tim

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Just-Tim said:

Glad to see this post and will be following. I too am coming from a Goldwing and just picked my Tracer up yesterday. In the short ride I did yesterday my head is right in the turbulence zone and it was slightly annoying even with my Shoei GT Air.

Tim

Hey Tim, I am getting my new bike in the next couple of hours! Unfortunately we have been hit with a good dump of snow and still fairly cold. Once things warm up I will definitely share my thoughts on the National Cycle V-Stream windshield. In reading the posts here the MadStad windshield has great reviews.  My choices are somewhat based on what's easily available. Maybe I can ask the wife to point the leaf blower at the front of the bike! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rovari said:

Maybe I can ask the wife to point the leaf blower at the front of the bike! 

Turn your garage into a wind tunnel, I like it. 

Which size of V-Stream did you get? I am 6' 3" / 190cm and initially bought the mid-size V-Stream because I thought it would look nicer, which it did. But it was clearly the wrong size for my height so I went to the larger one. It worked quite a bit better and I put many miles on it. 

That said - and you may not want to hear this - I later switched to the 26" Madstad and it was significantly smoother and quieter than either V-Stream. I did have a couple of quality problems with the Madstad brackets but was able to sort those out with time. 

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Turn your garage into a wind tunnel, I like it. 

Which size of V-Stream did you get? I am 6' 3" / 190cm and initially bought the mid-size V-Stream because I thought it would look nicer, which it did. But it was clearly the wrong size for my height so I went to the larger one. It worked quite a bit better and I put many miles on it. 

That said - and you may not want to hear this - I later switched to the 26" Madstad and it was significantly smoother and quieter than either V-Stream. I did have a couple of quality problems with the Madstad brackets but was able to sort those out with time. 

I ended up getting the smoked style first and realized it was the shorter version so I now have the 24" clear version. I am 6' 1" so I hope the extra 2" that you needed at 6'3" will work for me. It's only $200 CAD so not a big deal if it doesn't work out. I may have to secretly meet someone at the border to do a Madstad handoff!

I was sold on the MadStad 24”, but not only is it $319 but they want $25 to ship it to me. I found J&P cycles is a dealer for MadStad, thought the shipping may be better, but they don’t list one specifically for the Tracer.

That said I’m now looking at the Yamaha touring windshield, which is 3” wider and 3-1/2 taller, and get this, only $179.

Anyone have any experience with this windshield?

thanks,

Tim

I thought the touring windshield is 3" wider and 3.5" taller than the stock windshield but I didn't think it was 24" or taller. I was also considering the touring windshield first.

@Just-TimI think if you look around the forum you will find that reviews were not great on the Yamaha touring screen.

He who dies with the most toys wins.