Sign in to follow this  
StealthAu

Screen for tall rider

Great information here!

I haven't even ridden the bike or have it yet but I can see that the stock windshield is a joke. I am 6' 1" and thinking I should probably go with the Madstad 24" based on the feedback. Unfortunately shipping these days to Canada is a nightmare! I have gone with a local online distributor and was able to find the National Cycle version. I will post once installed and let you know how it works. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Goldwing with a windshield 2ft wide and 3ft tall! 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:31 PM, Rovari said:

I will post once installed and let you know how it works. Keep in mind I'm coming from a Goldwing with a windshield 2ft wide and 3ft tall! 

Glad to see this post and will be following. I too am coming from a Goldwing and just picked my Tracer up yesterday. In the short ride I did yesterday my head is right in the turbulence zone and it was slightly annoying even with my Shoei GT Air.

Tim

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Just-Tim said:

Glad to see this post and will be following. I too am coming from a Goldwing and just picked my Tracer up yesterday. In the short ride I did yesterday my head is right in the turbulence zone and it was slightly annoying even with my Shoei GT Air.

Tim

Hey Tim, I am getting my new bike in the next couple of hours! Unfortunately we have been hit with a good dump of snow and still fairly cold. Once things warm up I will definitely share my thoughts on the National Cycle V-Stream windshield. In reading the posts here the MadStad windshield has great reviews.  My choices are somewhat based on what's easily available. Maybe I can ask the wife to point the leaf blower at the front of the bike! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rovari said:

Maybe I can ask the wife to point the leaf blower at the front of the bike! 

Turn your garage into a wind tunnel, I like it. 

Which size of V-Stream did you get? I am 6' 3" / 190cm and initially bought the mid-size V-Stream because I thought it would look nicer, which it did. But it was clearly the wrong size for my height so I went to the larger one. It worked quite a bit better and I put many miles on it. 

That said - and you may not want to hear this - I later switched to the 26" Madstad and it was significantly smoother and quieter than either V-Stream. I did have a couple of quality problems with the Madstad brackets but was able to sort those out with time. 

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Turn your garage into a wind tunnel, I like it. 

Which size of V-Stream did you get? I am 6' 3" / 190cm and initially bought the mid-size V-Stream because I thought it would look nicer, which it did. But it was clearly the wrong size for my height so I went to the larger one. It worked quite a bit better and I put many miles on it. 

That said - and you may not want to hear this - I later switched to the 26" Madstad and it was significantly smoother and quieter than either V-Stream. I did have a couple of quality problems with the Madstad brackets but was able to sort those out with time. 

I ended up getting the smoked style first and realized it was the shorter version so I now have the 24" clear version. I am 6' 1" so I hope the extra 2" that you needed at 6'3" will work for me. It's only $200 CAD so not a big deal if it doesn't work out. I may have to secretly meet someone at the border to do a Madstad handoff!