Windshield for my mt 09 tracer

OneMan

Hello guys

So many of you guys think, the stock windshield does a horrible job in alot of ways.

I need your help for a windshield that looks "sort of" good but at the same time does a good job that makes it funnier to be out riding, especially during long trips cus thats whats the intention is for me.

The current windshield that is on my radar now is the national cycle v stream N20317. Do you guys have any experience with this windshield and what is your thoughts?

Do you recommend other ones? Please post below :)

The bike is lowered down and my length is 5.7ft (172 cm)

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------> This is the N20317 windshield<------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, OneMan said:

Hello guys

So many of you guys think, the stock windshield does a horrible job in alot of ways.

I need your help for a windshield that looks "sort of" good but at the same time does a good job that makes it funnier to be out riding, especially during long trips cus thats whats the intention is for me.

The current windshield that is on my radar now is the national cycle v stream N20317. Do you guys have any experience with this windshield and what is your thoughts?

Do you recommend other ones? Please post below :)

The bike is lowered down and my length is 5.7ft (172 cm)

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------> This is the N20317 windshield<------------------------------------------------------------

Hi and welcome 😎There seems to be no real answer to this, as betonys link, but in the future they will find a mountain, mysteriously made entirely of plastic. This will have come from the Yamaha stock shields. Ok, so I have tried the 3 different (very high quality) v stream shields. Nope, although the mid size light smoke did look nice. I have gone short with a MRA touring. Why it's called touring I have no idea, but it's been the least noise intrusive screen whilst giving a bit of protection. It's a compromise, not a final solution. We are all different shape and sizes, so it's not one to fit all. To be fair (ish) on Yam, the trumpet 800 and Africa twin were also crap, and the yam to me is way more exciting to ride.  Legend has it, that there was a guy, at 6'5" who found his stock shield problem free. I'm saving up for surgery or a rack. 

I must be the only guy in the universe who finds the stock/ OE screen perfectly OK!   Though I did swap it for a cheap -but well-made and entirely satisfactory -  Chinese 'double-bubble' unit, but only for looks.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

18 hours ago, wordsmith said:

I must be the only guy in the universe who finds the stock/ OE screen perfectly OK!   Though I did swap it for a cheap -but well-made and entirely satisfactory -  Chinese 'double-bubble' unit, but only for looks.

That's because the wind acts differently when you ride upside down ...

2 hours ago, Tripletrouble said:

That's because the wind acts differently when you ride upside down ...

Hadn't thought of that!   No wonder the top of my helmet is grazed, and I always end up with my pants bottoms around my knees!   Thank you!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I believe it is the wider of the 2 options.

Only complaint about the screen is that it flexes more than I would like when in turbulent air.... but I'm used to it now and doesn't cause any issues.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I can only attest to my experience with Madstad. I went with a taller than recommended at 24" primarily because I wanted it to drop down a little further in the front as I think it looks better that way. 

I have commuted all winter on the bike and it does an excellent job of blocking wind and buffeting. Even better it really blocks out the wind noise, I have no trouble listening to the radio on my Cardo bluetooth freecom without having to turn it up to painful levels. 

The Madstad mount also allows a wide range of adjustment with both angle and height adjustment, making it easy to find a position that suits your preference. 

Archived