What's it worth? Any advice/thoughts?

Hey everyone, 

I just recently joined and my intro is in the intro section. 

So, I need some advice and want to know your opinion on purchasing a used 2016 FJ-09. Below I've included what's in the for sale post and want to know if it's worth the price being asked which is $9,000

2500 miles
Custom gel seat
GPR steering Damper 
Garmin GPS
Always covered in garage
Bought brand new and serviced at K&B Motorsports
LED turn signals front and rear
License plate relocation kit
Adjustable brake and clutch levers
Factory hard bags with locking kit
Frame sliders

From the pictures, it looks very clean, but the price seems quite high. Even if I were to talk him down to let's say, $8500....is that price worth that bike? Because I'm new to the FJ world, I just don't have a lot of experience with them.

thanks in advance.

I bought a brand new 2017 left over for $8995 this past November. Depreciation is a real thing.

Edited by Guest

And all the extra farkles really don't add to a bike's overall value.  Mileage is nice and low however.

I bought my stock 2016 a year ago for $7,500 here in NH. It had about 3500 miles on it.

BUT --

Today I'd rather spend of few grand more and get a  2019 Tracer GT.  Remind the seller that his FJ is now a discontinued model, replaced by the nicer GT, which further depresses the value of all FJs!

cb

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 1 month later...

Just to give an update...yesterday I picked up my 1st FJ. A white 2017 with hard side cases. I'm looking forward to farkling her out.

Beng a 5'4", I'll have to really get used to the taller seat height. I see a lot of empty parking lot slow maneuver practicing.

• Thumbsup 2