Sign in to follow this  
mickey63

Heated seat wiring instructions

Bit of a long shot........

I'm  looking for the installation instructions for the Yamaha comfort heated seat.

I was lucky to pick up an unused shop demo set on eBay for a third of the price of new.  Unfortunately no user/installation guide. If any one has the instructions, would you mind scaning them and post them up, or private message them to me.

Many thank.

Mick

1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

the plug is buried... no pictures but you should find the right one...

Thanks. I was after info on tne switch cable run, from the front of the bike back to where?  Does it pick up power from the front of the bike? 

I haven't got the seat yet, should be here by wednesday. Once i see the seat wiring it might all be a bit clearer.  Was just hoping someone had the fitting instructions .....

Thanks.

To answer my own question.... It may help someone else in the future....

The heated seat switch fit's on the front of the bike opposite the power out-let plug. It doesn't pick up power from the front accessory plug, it's just a switch with a long lead. You need to run the long lead from the front of the bike to the seat where it plugs into one of two leads coming out of the seat.  The second lead coming from the seat plugs to a power connector as per the video esseci59 kindly linked in the above post.

I know what I'm doing this weekend 🙂

• Thumbsup 1