Heated seat wiring instructions

Bit of a long shot........

I'm  looking for the installation instructions for the Yamaha comfort heated seat.

I was lucky to pick up an unused shop demo set on eBay for a third of the price of new.  Unfortunately no user/installation guide. If any one has the instructions, would you mind scaning them and post them up, or private message them to me.

Many thank.

Mick

1 hour ago, norcal616 said:

the plug is buried... no pictures but you should find the right one...

Thanks. I was after info on tne switch cable run, from the front of the bike back to where?  Does it pick up power from the front of the bike? 

I haven't got the seat yet, should be here by wednesday. Once i see the seat wiring it might all be a bit clearer.  Was just hoping someone had the fitting instructions .....

Thanks.

To answer my own question.... It may help someone else in the future....

The heated seat switch fit's on the front of the bike opposite the power out-let plug. It doesn't pick up power from the front accessory plug, it's just a switch with a long lead. You need to run the long lead from the front of the bike to the seat where it plugs into one of two leads coming out of the seat.  The second lead coming from the seat plugs to a power connector as per the video esseci59 kindly linked in the above post.

I know what I'm doing this weekend 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

• 11 months later...

I recently purchase the heated seat from Revzilla.com, and they failed to include the instructions for installation. I had Yamaha send me a pdf. took less than 15 minutes (only 5 minutes on the phone, and 10 minutes awaiting the email).

I have the pdf to share. (warning, its not super helpful in finding the wires.. but does show you how to assemble the switch couple of bezels and a nut..)

I do not know how to share pdf here... it will only allow gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png, is that right?

Tracer Heated Seat Install pdf

Edited by Bytor the Snowdog
  • Thumbsup 3

• 6 months later...

Does the passenger seat just plug in to the riders seat or does it have additional wiring ?

Also does anyone have a video of the installation of this?  particularly the cable routing.

Edited by Danielblue

2 hours ago, Danielblue said:

Does the passenger seat just plug in to the riders seat or does it have additional wiring ?

Also does anyone have a video of the installation of this?  particularly the cable routing.

The passenger seat isn't heated, only the main rider seat is.

Power for the main seat is tucked down near the battery, the only wire you have to run is the lead of the on/off switch that you mount near the screen/dash. Although thinking about the switch, you might be able to mount that on a home made bracket near the seat and save pulling lots of panels off to route a cable (might need some creative thinking 🙂 )

Edited by mickey63

Just installed the Yamaha comfort heated seat yesterday, but didn't had the chance to take the Tracer out and test it, as it's been raining for the entire day, but as I have set the heat level on medium, it didn't seem to heat up during the 4 minutes as I left the engine idling.

How long does this comfort seat usually take for you to heat up?

14 minutes ago, SuperMax said:

Just installed the Yamaha comfort heated seat yesterday, but didn't had the chance to take the Tracer out and test it, as it's been raining for the entire day, but as I have set the heat level on medium, it didn't seem to heat up during the 4 minutes as I left the engine idling.

How long does this comfort seat usually take for you to heat up?

Medium level? What colour is the switch, red, orange or green?

The fitting instructions in one of the above posts seem to state red is high, orange is off and green Is low. No medium.

On the high setting I start the bike, by the time I've finished putting my helmet and gloves on and get on the bike I can feel the heat........

Sorry, I meant the high setting (not medium) - that is red. So it seems 1-2 minutes should be enough for it to heat up so you can feel that. I will try it again today...I wish the heated seat would have a setting in the menu, just like the heated grips do, that you can set the heat level. The led color coding of the current control button is difficult to be seen when seated, as it's partially obstructed by the dash and the (color) light is pretty weak.

If the heated seat was tied into the controls for the grips, I'd probably buy one.  I'd love to be able to control them all together, ideally yeah with settings in the menu to set them up in a similar way the grips are set up.  Being separate though, and thus needing (yet another) separate control, I'd just buy a heated insert for my existing seat instead, as they're a tenth of the price.

My handlebars are kind of scary now.  All the stock controls for the GT (which start out kind of intimidating), controls for my heated gear, wireless charging phone mount, buttons for my front flood light and RGB LED kit, It's kind of crazy.  There's literally no open bar for attaching more stuff.  

What I really should do is build a nice, neat control panel with LED's I can mount to the riser cap's 10mm holes to get everything all into one neat little panel.

Actually, the heated seat push-style button wouldn't take up more space on the handlebars, as it fits into the secondary lighter/USB location (that is currently covered with a dummy rubber cap), but it would indeed have been ideal to be controlled from the display settings, as the heated grips. My main problem with it is that the button is not easily accessible when seated the bike (behind the dash), plus the red light (which is the Max heat setting) is hardly distinguishable from the orange light (corresponding to the Off setting) in direct sunlight.

I was able to get out for a ride today and test the heated seat - it actually starts heating up after 2-3 mins, reaching its maximum temp (on the maximum - red - setting) in about 6mins.