Fork spring and oil change

Hi I've purchased some ohlins fork springs and oil does anybody know the correct way to go about changing these?  Ie how to get all old oil out also when you measure the air gap do you have the spring in and is the fork compressed or extended when measuring? Thanks 

• Supporting Member

This video is a good source for many things fork related and what you need is all there (near the beginning and then toward the end). Are these Ohlins springs drop-in, i.e. can you re-use OE spacers? There are several sources for springs, but some will require you to buy or modify/cut existing spacers. Have fun.

• Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

10 hours ago, Chris Pearson said:

Hi I've purchased some ohlins fork springs and oil does anybody know the correct way to go about changing these?  Ie how to get all old oil out also when you measure the air gap do you have the spring in and is the fork compressed or extended when measuring? Thanks 

I would recommend this video by Dave Moss:

Just ignore the stuff about changing seals and the compression circuit.  I have just done exactly the job that you are about to do and you can read about it here:

CS

• Thumbsup 1