Making use of the Denali Soundbomb Mini in 2018

• Premium Member

I regularly ride with a camera rolling when I commute.  I also generally review any close calls or incidents to see if I missed something, or if I could have done something differently or better.  These things happen and I'm just glad I don't even get angry anymore.  Keep calm and throttle on, yeah?

Anyhow, here's a little 2 minute compilation of my 2018 incidents and close calls.

• Thumbsup 5

• 4 months later...

Superfist, I see that you are mostly in the middle lanes and riding in the middle track. Hence drivers cannot see you. If you want avoid this cut offs and want to be seen by other drivers, always ride on the left lane or right lane, furthermore while within the lane ride on the right track or left rack respectively.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Zakmilas said:

Superfist, I see that you are mostly in the middle lanes and riding in the middle track. Hence drivers cannot see you. If you want avoid this cut offs and want to be seen by other drivers, always ride on the left lane or right lane, furthermore while within the lane ride on the right track or left rack respectively.

You're absolutely right because I don't get this happening in the far left/right lanes.  I do generally ride in the far left and right lanes.  The incidents occur in the transitions to exits and to/from the HoV lane.  Because the entrance/exit to the HoV (carpool/commuter) lanes are every two miles, I generally get out of the HoV lane and change lanes about every 1/4 to 1/2 mile to assess each lane as I go.  This year i've been more aggressive about crossing the lanes and don't see as many incidents.

When I get on/off the highway, I also need to cross all the lanes on the 3 lane busy roadway to/from the interstate.  Again, I've been more aggressive about getting all the way over quickly and have less incidents.  I find the more aggressively I ride, within normal traffic patterns, the less incidents I see.

This year, the two incidents so far were both people crossing the double solid white line into the commuter lane and my lane position to the far left has allowed me to swerve around them without issue and without much input.  Thanks for the advice, it's solid for anyone reading this.

• Like 1