Show me your fender eleminator with luggage

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, hussan said:

This is my modified Yamaha original fender eliminator

0FE78F9A-ECF3-467E-AB49-6DEA1F93D561.jpeg

Oooo! Me likey. 😎

How about a write up - how to? 🙂

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Have been look for a fender eliminator for ages. Unfortunately all of the ones I have seen (including Hussan's setup) result in the indicators being hidden between the panniers so it is nearly impossible for following traffic to see them unless they are directly behind you.

Edited by bugie

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, bugie said:

Have been look for a fender eliminator for ages. Unfortunately all of the ones I have seen (including Hussan's setup) result in the indicators being hidden between the indicators so it is nearly impossible for following traffic to see them unless they are directly behind you.

Agreed, - if you want to keep the bags mounted AND have the indicators actually be seen then your only option will be to keep them out back behind the bags, at or near the stock position.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, angrygirafe said:

Don’t worry about it, everyone’s looking at their phones anyway. 

TRUTH. 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, bugie said:

@hussan- Isn't that the B5c-h4550 optional fender eliminator without the extension bar?

I hope not.

It's not supposed to fit on a 2015 FJ. 😕 Figures

so I bought a fender eleminator on ebay and it was looking all good until i tried to put the panniers on :( 

57453653_2449144981787135_5907352449038942208_n.jpg

so I went with plan B for now but I'm trying to find something that would look good and fit with the panniers

57194577_280764536133478_4138307990216245248_n.jpg

Edited by hitness911

I too want to do a 'fender-eliminator' surgery on my 2015, eliminating the 'crane' but keeping the OE pumpkins.   Having an aftermarket luggage rack fitted, I figured it would be quite an easy job to fabricate a bracket to go across the underside of the rack then mount the pumpkins from the two ends of this bracket.   This would carry them a little higher than as-is, and make it OK to install the hard panniers.   The only thing that has stopped me from taking this route already is that I rarely carry the panniers, so it might be a lot of work for very little return.  Or it might be laziness!   But I certainly wouldn't ride the bike with the pumpkins hidden from the sides by the panniers - besides which the pleece may be upset!   

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

@bugie Yes, that’s correct 👍

@fddriver2 I don’t have any detailed pictures of how I did the modification. There are 2 extension brackets for the turn signals that are adjustable to change the distance between the turn signals. The narrowest position was not enough to get clearance with the side bags so I had to cut the brackets a bit to get them closer to the license plate. Really simple modification with great result imo. But I agree that the visibility is not perfect.

• Thanks 1