Farkles on the cheap

Luma46

Purchased my GT 2 months ago and apart from 1300 kms on the clock (we are talking Canada here), managed to put few cheap farkles on:

Rear hugger extender, cost zero, made from scrap of 2mm polyethylene sheet

Front fender extender $5 from AliExpress

Lowered rider pegs, about 2 cm down and 1 cm forward, $45 from Aliexpress

MRA X-creen windshield extention, got lucky with this one from Amazon.ca for 1/3 of original price due to "damaged packaging".

20190419_Farkles_01.JPG

20190419_Farkles_03.JPG

20190419_Farkles_04.JPG

20190419_Farkles_05.JPG

Edited by Luma46
  • Thumbsup 2

On 4/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, fred99 said:

I'm picking my Tracer up today and wondered what was the brand of the lowered pegs please?  I looked at Aliexpress and couldn't find them. Thanks

Sorry, got mistaken, I actually purchased these footpegs from eBay. Just search for Yamaha Tracer footpegs, you will get dozens of options. They go from 25 to 40 mm length and they are adjustable, looks like the same design from all sources.

Thanks for the link to these pegs. I looked at the auction, and they mention there being interlocking teeth to hold them in position, but the photos don't show them. Can you tell me if they actually have the locking teeth, or if they're just held in place by bolt tension?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 7:20 PM, RBW01 said:

Thanks for the link to these pegs. I looked at the auction, and they mention there being interlocking teeth to hold them in position, but the photos don't show them. Can you tell me if they actually have the locking teeth, or if they're just held in place by bolt tension?

There are interlocking pins on the joint where you adjust the peg position/angle. The other joint is just a bolt tension. I used a bit of thread locker on both joints and they hold just fine

• 2 weeks later...