MT09 (FJ) Tracer Steering Wobbling

I have had an indicated 138, it was still pulling, but steering was getting seriously wobbly, although the track I was on was quite smooth. ;)
Hi scuff, did this happen with your steering damper installed ?

I see wobble, but it isn't clear that it is front end wobble.  I've never seen this.  What do you have on the back of your bike?

Here is how to create a link at specific time point:  "

It is hard to tell in the video but I assure you it was the front end. I had the top box on with less the 2pounds in it. The front wind screen is the ermax tour.
I really dont think the top box cause it to wobble for me I truely think its the force of air hitting the windscreen, and underneath the bike and also going up a slight hill.
When I get time I will shout another video showing the camera angle pointed at the front tire to see if it is getting light and coming up from the ground. But this time I will ease her up to that speed.
I have had wobbles on a sportbike once but not like this. This scared the shet out off me.
Still waiting for GPR to put out a steering dampner for the fj. I know they make one for the fz but it needs to be modified for our bikes.

O and my adjustments on the suspension are front preload 2 full turns to hard from standard (not sure how many lines that is not at home to see)
Rear shock setting 5 and 1 turn away from full rebound hardness.

Going to crank the preload two more turns and see if it will make a difference.

I have had an indicated 138, it was still pulling, but steering was getting seriously wobbly, although the track I was on was quite smooth. ;)
Hi scuff, did this happen with your steering damper installed ?
This was before the damper fitting.  If I now adjust it to about click 11, I find it is a good compromise between being able to steer when riding slowly, and stopping the wobble from getting out of hand.
if you are doing drag racing, wind it up to 20 and lose all ability to steer.  :o

Thanks for the analysis.  It may be the combination of increased air pressure on the rear and hitting the bigger screen. This is good to know as I was looking at the wind screen. We look forward to more analysis.  

Fj-09 front wheel wobble:

Here is a video of the front end getting wobbly. Its hard to tell by the video but felt more in the handle bar. Wobble starts a .30 an ends at .34. At a speed at 112.
Top box, Ermax touring, preload is 4 complete turns from factory setting on front and rear is 5 position.

I've experienced this wobble at about 110+, but I just powered through and it goes away. Of course if your in the states (with the limiter) you need to get your ECU flashed to get rid of that 115MPH limiter, so you can power past those wobbles.

I'm new to the FJ09 but it's amazing so far.

I have raced and ridden dirt bikes for over 40 years.

With the front wheel off the ground, tighten the steering head bearings so the front wheel stays where you turn it . 

There should be a slight resistance when turning the bars.

It shouldn't keep moving to full lock after you take your hands off the bars.

This, and adding the right amount of rebound, eliminated the need for a stabilizer when racing.

I haven't noticed any wobble yet.

With respect, I really don't suggest that you tighten the head bearings. If you do, they will indent the bearing race and damage them, the steering will be jerky and notchy. A steering damper gives smooth resistance with no notchiness, and is adjustable for different riders and conditions.