eBay adjustable levers for tracer gt

Just wondering if any body Installed set of eBay/ amazon levers for tracer. I tried getting a pair description said fits fj09. It was some fxcnc brand. Actually well made for the price. But didn’t fit. I should say it fit well with the perch and all, just the neutral switch on the gt pushed the lever way out over stretching the clutch cable. 

If any one have a set installed which was direct plug and plug and plz share the link. I never used them shorty levers before and want to try cheaper pair before spending big coins for super brands.

Edited by TracerDoc

1 hour ago, sirepair said:

I have the MZS shorty levers on my '15 FJ.  Think I gave about $35 for the set.  Decent quality for the $$.

Can't vouch for fit on a GT though.

Saw the same brand installed in YouTube videos on fz9 etc looked like straight fit. I wonder why the tracer having an issue :( 

I put these on mine and only had a very small modification to make to clutch perch. Had to grind a small amount of material off of mount to allow lever to full return to release position. Been on bike for 2 months now and working perfectly.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C5MQKCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Resize of 20190223_091837.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RandyN said:

I put these on mine and only had a very small modification to make to clutch perch. Had to grind a small amount of material off of mount to allow lever to full return to release position. Been on bike for 2 months now and working perfectly.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C5MQKCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Resize of 20190223_091837.jpg

Woooot, small world. I saw your review on amazon and was trying to see if any way to contact you to get more details haha 

when you say grind small amount of perch, where is that? And will me being a mediocre mechanic able to pull it off? 

It can be done with a file if you don't have any type of electrical grinder. Picture is from above left. Look down next to hinge pin. 20190423_134150.thumb.jpg.c160d2364463c7facae19e643f7fdee5.jpgSmall corner needed to be ground off. While doing work double check that brakes are working without any pressure being put on them while released. Some have reported that other brands have applied pressure to brakes making them drag.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, RandyN said:

It can be done with a file if you don't have any type of electrical grinder. Picture is from above left. Look down next to hinge pin. 20190423_134150.thumb.jpg.c160d2364463c7facae19e643f7fdee5.jpgSmall corner needed to be ground off. While doing work double check that brakes are working without any pressure being put on them while released. Some have reported that other brands have applied pressure to brakes making them drag.

Thank you Randy, will order them and see if I can make it work. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had same problem as randy m. ordered two different kinds and both needed modification to work to beware. one of them made it so the sensor for cruise control wasn't depressed enough to allow cruise to work. they must not have actual tracers in china yet

15 hours ago, harraseeket said:

I had same problem as randy m. ordered two different kinds and both needed modification to work to beware. one of them made it so the sensor for cruise control wasn't depressed enough to allow cruise to work. they must not have actual tracers in china yet

as i said mine work perfectly