Brake light leds going bad

Noticed the other day that my brake light seems off, looked at it today and saw that some of the leds in the brake light are out. Seems odd.  So i guess i need to take it in for a warranty claim. Wonder how that works at a different dealership than i bought it.  I havent done any electrical mods of than factory Yamaha fj09 heated grips.20190424_163204.thumb.jpg.864214a0fe442e0c7b93f99ad1761404.jpg 20190424_162425.thumb.jpg.c69b70f3a4e4c696ba0dec5c8fdd1d5b.jpg

Another good reason to run a Whelen strobe as a secondary brake light. Also why my turn signals are also running lights. Redundancy is a good thing, and so is redundancy. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

I’m sorry, I should have said that I also hope everything works out with getting a replacement. 

20 minutes ago, Duke said:

I’m sorry, I should have said that I also hope everything works out with getting a replacement. 

Called the Yamaha shop closest to me(over 1hr away). They ordered the part,  they should have it next week. Been wanting to add a second brake light on my top box, just havent ordered one yet. 

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Duke said:

Another good reason to run a Whelen strobe as a secondary brake light. Also why my turn signals are also running lights. Redundancy is a good thing, and so is redundancy. 

+1.  Big fan of Whelen's LEDs.  

900-GT-TIR3-2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

I mounted mine below my license plate. I wanted it further away from my blinkers to make sure they are as visible as possible. This is basically the same setup that I had on my ST1100. 

5EE5D6FA-FD0F-4EB3-9361-64B2D80A3092.jpeg

Well talked to the dealer, they said the brake light from Yamaha is on back order till may 16th. So wonder if it no a common issue and they have a new part to replace the old one that failed.