A very brief mid-week outing...

wordsmith

A very short outing today of only about 111km, mainly to check-out the tweaked suspension settings.   I deliberately left them at what I assume are factory settings for the first couple of thousand kilometres in order to allow the moving surfaces to bed-in before making the changes that I’d found on my previous Tracer to be pretty satisfactory.

What a difference a couple of clicks and a turn of a screw can make!   It’s still not quite magic-carpet ride stuff, but a great improvement, all but eliminating the overall harshness and over-reaction to minor road irregularities.   Now I’ll no longer have to schedule visits to the dentist after each ride to have my shaken-out tooth fillings replaced!

The newly-fitted el cheapo top-box didn’t fall off, so all was well in the balmy 27°C (81°F) temperature.

I didn’t want to go far today (a Thursday) as it’s a national public holiday for Anzac Day, and I knew the roads would be cluttered.

I headed down the Motorway to one of my favourite waterside spots, the Marina at Sanctuary Cove.   Sanctuary Cove is a millionaire’s gated-community paradise, where multi-million dollar waterfront homes look out onto million dollar sailing craft and motor-yachts,  and it’s the only place I know where Rolls-Royces and Bentleys are ten-a-penny, where Ferraris park side-by-side with Lamborghinis, and where an Aston Martin will glare across the road at a Porsche.   And the odd Tracer intrudes…   Owners of mere Mercs, Beemers, Jaguars, and Audis are probably looked down on by the locals, and walk around with heads held low in shame and with a sheepish look on their faces.   

Blue-rinse oldies ‘drive’ – badly – their electric golf-buggies with no attention to road-rules, most having a fluffy white dog of the Malteser variety on their laps as they parade around waving gaily at friends and neighbours.     Upmarket boutiques selling beautiful resort-wear clothes and shoes for beautiful people seem full of stock made of Unaffordium, but bereft of customers – at those prices I’m not surprised.    Membership of the super-posh Country Club and stunning golf course probably costs more than my house is worth - I love it!

But unfortunately due to the public holiday my fave marina-side café was closed, so I didn’t even stop for a stroll and instead rode directly home.

Next weekend, weather permitting, I plan a long-ish~1100km there-and-back ride south, with an overnight stop in a motel.   The improved suspension will earn its keep then, as some indifferent country roads are included.

P1050313.JPG

P1050312.JPG

(pix) - posh Sanctuary Cove Sheraton Resort (top pic): marina (bottom pic).

Image result for sanctuary cove imagesImage result for images for Sanctuary Cove

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 4

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

What a difference a couple of clicks and a turn of a screw can make!   It’s still not quite magic-carpet ride stuff, but a great improvement, 

A couple of clicks can make all the difference.  Good job getting your suspension sorted!  Enjoy the ride!

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***