Forward mount foot pegs

RBW01

IMG_4204.thumb.JPG.2fa7491465491c88c54d713560f218f3.JPG

I bought these off ebay for £28 and really happy with them.  Set slightly forward gives a bit more room before heel hits the rider peg (about 1/2 inch) .  Being 6'3 gives me a bit extra leg room as well. 

s-l1000.jpg
WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

CNC 25mm Extent Foot Pegs Kit for Rider  .

Edited by bigd

• Premium Member

i was going to suggest the MFW Vario system 

WWW.MFW-WOLF.DE

I seen the Ebay Chinese knock offs but am unsure of their quality and structural integrity with a couple of different indexing designs noted.  The MFW's on my VTR1000F have withstood my considerable girth for probably 70k miles...

How did they work with the brake pedal (mods needed)?  I'd think the shift lever could be adjusted to suit.  Only issue I see is I really like my fleabay rubber covered pegs that are significantly longer than OEM.   MFW does have 2 different styles of rubber covered pegs for their Vario system, and link plate lengths.

Thanks guys. 

I'm not seeing listings for these types of pegs that specifically say they'll fit the  '18/'19 Tracer GT. Maybe it's just too new? Will the ones listed for an FZ or FJ 09 work?

Sounds good. I'm seeing a few options for the length of the drop linkage. Has anyone installed this a figured out how far the peg can be dropped and still be able to adjust the brake and shifter far enough for proper relationship with the pegs?

Answered my own question. Installed a set of the MFW Vario 23mm extension arms, mount brackets and pegs. The controls were easily adjusted to match the new peg location.

It definitely helps with what I considered to be an odd choice of somewhat high and rear set pegs which push your torso forward, combined with handlebars that have quite a bit of rise and pullback, which push your torso back.  The riding position is now more neutral and for me, more conducive to longer rides. It's also an easy process to reverse, if the urge to do a track day comes up.

left_lowered_peg.jpg

right_lowered_peg.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

8 hours ago, RBW01 said:

Answered my own question. Installed a set of the MFW Vario 23mm extension arms, mount brackets and pegs. The controls were easily adjusted to match the new peg location.

It definitely helps with what I considered to be an odd choice of somewhat high and rear set pegs which push your torso forward, combined with handlebars that have quite a bit of rise and pullback, which push your torso back.  The riding position is now more neutral and for me, more conducive to longer rides. It's also an easy process to reverse, if the urge to do a track day comes up.

left_lowered_peg.jpg

right_lowered_peg.jpg

Nice! i thought about those but went with some cheaper Taiwan made pegs from ebay but haven't installed them yet. Was wonder how you secured the left side since you have to drill out the rivet and the pin looks to be shorter and doesn't have the cotter pin option. I thought about using one of the passenger pins for starters to see if I even like them on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

You bring up a good point. I found it odd thst one side had a peg axle that was secured with a cotter pin, but the other side is flared like a rivet. If a cotter pin works for one side, why not the other? Anyway, the kit includes bolts and nylock nuts fo replacing the OEM peg axles. I reused the pinned one and replaced the rivet style with one of the bolts.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...