17 hours ago, betoney said:

Where would we be if no one tried anything new with motorcycles and just left things well enough alone?  

We would be riding Harleys. 

For the record, that’s not hate, that’s called a joke. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

15 minutes ago, Duke said:

We would be riding Harleys. 

For the record, that’s not hate, that’s called a joke. 

But how many wheels would they have 😋

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chitown said:

Everybody will want a Miata next. Already have mine :) 

Now back to overreaction theater. 

Sold my Miata 2 years ago - 2012 Stormy Blue PRHT... man, I regret that decision.

19 minutes ago, nicksta43 said:

But how many wheels would they have 😋

Now THAT was a joke!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, mellow said:

Sold my Miata 2 years ago - 2012 Stormy Blue PRHT... man, I regret that decision.

I shoulda known you owned a Miata, Mellow. I’m not sure what kind of euphemism PRHT is though.

BTW...That was another joke. 

46 minutes ago, Duke said:

I shoulda known you owned a Miata, Mellow. I’m not sure what kind of euphemism PRHT is though.

BTW...That was another joke. 

Permanently Retractable Hard Top

i-42XtcCt-X2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, nicksta43 said:

After having a conversation with a motorist who despises motorcycles and motorcyclists recently I cannot get on board with the three wheeled hate. Just because it's not your thing doesn't mean someone doesn't see value in it. It's not for me to judge what others do with their lives.

Like almost everything in life my philosophy is live and let live. 

I'm not sure anyone's hating 3 wheelers, just some like to take the piss. I find it shocking how some even take the piss out of Harley riders. 

Edited by Tripletrouble

On 4/29/2019 at 4:21 PM, chitown said:

Everybody will want a Miata next. Already have mine :) 

Now back to overreaction theater. 

Same here. When I cannot throw my leg over the bike's seat, I just stick with my 2006 LTD. BTW, many people do not realize that Niken is not a trike, it will not stand on its own...

On 4/29/2019 at 4:57 PM, Tripletrouble said:

I'm not sure anyone's hating 3 wheelers, just some like to take the piss. I find it shocking how some even take the piss out of Harley riders. 

I like to offer Harley riders with real loud pipes a spare set of earplugs.  But then, when the little old lady said she liked my ST1300 because it was so quiet I did order spme Staintunes when I got home.

Please don't lump Harleys in with trikes unless they're Harley trikes of course. Like dogs there are no bad motorcycles only bad owners. Not that I like Harleys all the much for riding. Do lust after something like a Lawmill XR. Other than that I tell Harley owners "nice paint" cause you know, if you don't have something good to say...  

A motorcycle with a sidecar is a motorcycle. Trikes aren't. 

Trikes will never be motorcycles to me. They go against all that is right with the universe. Like veggie bacon. 

I have to admit I'm intrigued by the Niken. I ride year round, which means here in Oregon I have plenty of twisty forest roads to enjoy but they are wet for much of the year. I imagine the Niken would work well as a winter bike around here.

• Thumbsup 2

On 4/29/2019 at 5:32 PM, mellow said:

Permanently Retractable Hard Top

i-42XtcCt-X2.jpg

This looks exactly like the miata I had, except I had the soft-top version.  I swear that paint color and shape of the car ate radar.  I had to be within a few car lengths of those speed signs before they'd register and give speed.  There were so many times I hit the brakes thinking "That cop on the shoulder just tagged me...  I'm toast!"

In 2016 a girl ran a red light and hit the passenger side door and turned it into a C shaped car.  The hood alignment on the drivers side was pushed out...  I had no passenger, thankfully.  The door panel was pushed to barely touching the passenger seat.  I walked without a bruise or scratch.  I was definitely impressed with the energy it absorbed considering the rest of the car folded around the passenger compartment.

Posted (edited)

Sorry but everyone that hates 3 wheels is a old man who hates anything new.  Pull the sticks out of your ass, and get with the times. 

3 wheels (outside the nike low numbers) are helping float the failing motorcycle industry in the usa.   Look at sales numbers.   Brp just launch the Stryker line.  Do think they would launch a mass production vechile(im motorcycle terms) with out some research.

I live on miles and miles of gravel roads. More roads in this world are not paved than are. And most of the paved roads in the usa are crap and old. Most of the usa (and a good part of the world)has to put there bikes away for the winter season because of road conditions are t safe for  2 wheels. 3 wheels would allow alot more ppl to ride throughout the year. Making a viable mode of transport for more ppl since more contact patch and more stability means a safer ride. 

With autonomous vechiles coming in the near future(less than a decade), 2 wheels wont be around much longer.  A 3 wheel vechile is able to be made nearly 100% autonomous now. 2 wheel will almost never be. multiple Cameras, sensors, vehicle id becons, top down 360 views, not falling over at a stop, controlled braking in emergency situations in bad weather or bad road control are just a few of many issues 2 wheels face for autonomy.

Then you have the whole physically disabled bunch( amputees, diseases, age, etc) with a population of over 300 million in the usa there are more ppl than ever who cant have 2 wheels but want something close. 

Im seriously considering a niken gt right now. But im young and never gave a shit about style and other ppl opinions

Edited by limpy88
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

Autonomous vehicles.... no thank you. 

I like Guns...