• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Clutch Judder ?

happy01

• Premium Member
it feels a little grabby when slipping the clutch on tight corners or hill starts

it's not something that worries me, bearing in mind it is a cable operated clutch and I have been spoilt by hydraulic clutches for most of my bike ownership since 1992. Mine has completed 600 miles and is getting a service on the weekend.

There's no hint of slipping once fully engaged, which would worry me.

If this bothers you then mention it to your dealer when you get the 1st service done, which can't be far away. The dealer should check the clutch operation and adjust it as part of the service if needed, anyway. Plus you will get fresh oil which might make a difference - I've no idea if Yamaha use a different lube in the sump for running in purposes but you will have nearly 4 litres of fresh Yamalube at the service.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Update
Took it in for the dealer to check and he's going to speak to yamaha technical about it.
Tried the demo bike and that had a very slight judder but nowhere near as pronounced as mine.
Oil has been changed and it's no better.

I thought it was just me, but I notice a slight judder when starting in first gear on flat ground.   I only have about 60 miles on mine and am hoping it goes away with more miles.  I don't notice any judder with other gear changes.  I traded in my FZ6R which never had this clutch judder.

I thought it was just me, but I notice a slight judder when starting in first gear on flat ground.   I only have about 60 miles on mine and am hoping it goes away with more miles.  I don't notice any judder with other gear changes.  I traded in my FZ6R which never had this clutch judder.

Cheers for the reply.
Mines done it from new and now on 760 miles and the 1st service didn't make a differance.
I've just joined an fz09 forum to get some feedback from them.

• 1 year later...
Hi, my Tracer has had a clutch judder on pull away from new.  Covered 3500 miles and it's still there.  Has anybody had this fixed yet.  It's not a problem if used hard but annoying at slow speeds and manovering.

Cheers.

• Premium Member
Hi, my Tracer has had a clutch judder on pull away from new.  Covered 3500 miles and it's still there.  Has anybody had this fixed yet.  It's not a problem if used hard but annoying at slow speeds and manovering. 
Cheers.
I replied over a year ago as I had a bit of judder. 10,000 miles and 13 months later there is no judder now. I find the bike very easy to ride around town, weaving around cars to filter at traffic lights. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes the plates are just dry, probably not being soaked in oil before assembly like they should be... sometimes you can pull them out some them in oil for a few hours and reinstall in the same order and that will cure it. Other times new fibres are needed. Very very common with Suzuki's..

• 4 months later...
Just got mine (used) and noticed a slight judder also. Pulled out the plates and soaked them but no change. My Tiger 1050 is cable operated and smooth as can be when engaging. Glad to hear Wessie's got better with time.
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

• Premium Member
Just got mine (used) and noticed a slight judder also. Pulled out the plates and soaked them but no change. My Tiger 1050 is cable operated and smooth as can be when engaging. Glad to hear Wessie's got better with time.
The judder is mild and goes away after a couple thousand miles. Smooth as butter engaging now.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

The judder is mild and goes away after a couple thousand miles. Smooth as butter engaging now.
Good to hear, thanks! 
SoCal
2015 FJ-09 Red of course :)

Archived