Question for Shad and Givi side case owners

sdb

I sold my FJ OEM side cases because my heels bumped into them unless I was riding flat footed on the pegs, and removed the passenger pegs for the same reason.  I've looked at the Shad and Givi side case mounts and they seem to move the bags backwards and higher on the bike.  Can anyone tell me if they're out of the way enough to not  interfere with my boot heels?

• Supporting Member

I have the Shad 36 cases and the mount bar connects the the passenger peg mount just like the factory mount.  If your heels hit the passenger pegs then nothing will change but if your heels are only hitting the bags themselves then you might be fine.  I ride mostly with the balls of my feet on the pegs and my heels dont touch the bags.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, sdb said:

Thanks guys.  My I ask if you're bothered by the passenger pegs making contact with the inside heels of your boots?

I have the FJ09 and at times, yes, my heels hit the passenger pegs (size 12 boots - EUR 47).  On the GT, the passenger pegs are even lower, so I could imagine that it could get quite annoying.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***