Annual Spring Moto Camping in Middle Tennessee

Since moving to Nashville about 6 years ago, I searched high and low to find a group of riders (read misfits) that shared similar riding styles, mannerisms, and a desire to be a club but not a club. A non-club club as I've always called it! PseudoMoto is just that. Always welcoming of new people, all types of bikes, and sharing their wealth of knowledge helping each other work on all breeds of motorbikes. 

Anyway, a few years ago we started hosting everyone out to camp on my parents land (70 acres literally in the middle of nowhere) where we've built up a brilliant campsite over the years! We burn lots of wood, drink lots of beer and whiskey, crack jokes about one another's past mishaps, and enjoy being in the wilderness! Having 70 mostly wooded acres, we always encourage our friends to bring dirt bikes to screw around on for some more off road entertainment with some pretty fun hill climbs on the property! 

I covered a bit over 500 miles this past weekend of really fantastic curvy roads with almost zero traffic! It really is hard not to say that riding in the area is on par or better than riding further east in the Smokeys on the Cherohala Skyway or Tail of the Dragon but it might be. 

Check out some of the links below for routes I lead about 13 bikes on (open these on a computer only, doesn't work well with mobile) 

Saturday Ride Leg 1

Saturday Ride Leg 2

Sunday Morning Ride to breakfast and around the reservoir

Really have to zoom into some of those roads to see all the good stuff!

IMG_8344.thumb.JPG.2b6369513cc18180a0aa88b1443ec90e.JPG

IMG_8343.thumb.JPG.ea3c68c297460ae2e0cd4e5b1d6aac2d.JPG

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

@bigorangecntry07 - Those map routes look AWESOME!!  Sounds like it was a great ride. 

I like the look of the silver crash cage on your bike, it adds a bit of contrast to the black/black of the frame and engine.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 minutes ago, betoney said:

@bigorangecntry07 - Those map routes look AWESOME!!  Sounds like it was a great ride. 

I like the look of the silver crash cage on your bike, it adds a bit of contrast to the black/black of the frame and engine.

Thanks! I really like the look of the clear powder coated steel! 

I also spent a lot of time staring at maps all round my parents land to discover awesome roads and how in the hell to loop them all together, and boy they do not disappoint!!  

Also if you are zooming into to the Leg 2 map and wondering why in the hell did he go around maybe the best switch backs in the country on TN-85... we got a lot of rain in February this year and the roads have washed out so bad that they're closed for repairs until November! 😢

Edit: The detour wasn't so bad though... a long gravel road that led to a pretty cool road was a nice discovery!

Edited by bigorangecntry07

I rode from NH down to friends place in Crossville a few years back. TN for sure has some really nice riding and great people.  There's a lot more to it than the Dragon;)

cb

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member

I love that area. Tennessee is beautiful. 

While out and about keep an eye out for this guy. He rides a lot in your area.

IMG_0955.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

He lives in Murfreesboro now. Used to be Mt. Juliet. 

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Thanks for the route maps.  I've ridden through Big South Fork on the way up to Daniel Boone forest.  Didn't know about some of the roads west of Big South Fork.