Error code 051 on ingition ON?

Hi,

I've experienced issue with my MT09 Tracer last weekend, when Error code 051 came up on the dash and engine wouldn't start. After 3rd attempt switching it on and off it worked and error code was gone. Has anyone else experienced it before?

• Premium Member
check your battery connections - the code indicates the ECU detected an incorrect voltage on power up
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Maybe call your dealers service department and ask them if code 051 is something Yamaha knows about. A no start and code can't be a good thing. Glad to hear it started for you. Will there be a next time? Eeeeks
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
check your battery connections - the code indicates the ECU detected an incorrect voltage on power up
How do you know that Wessie? 
It came to me in a dream. 
A dream where a monk chanted the error codes
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
8-)C'mon Wessie, fess up ALL the error codes please?
Please start a new thread for them ALL, please?
Cheers,
Steve
If someone had access to the service manual, say, and copied & pasted the Error Code section then that would be a breach of copyright and could end up with legal action being taken against this forum's owners. 

::)Wessie, we've been down that road before....
You could kindly ask the Budda to simply type them out as if he/she were to simply write a thread....
Please ask the monk too.
Cheers,
Steve
Or you could keep adding to a list in an 'error codes' thread as wessie and others kindly look them up when asked about a specific code.

If you want faster answers you could, oh I dunno, buy a service manual? ;) They're not that expensive...

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Archived