17 FJ 09

• Supporting Member

Welcome, Moses!  This is where all the cool kids hang out!

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

8 minutes ago, whistler said:

Welcome, Moses!  This is where all the cool kids hang out!

I don't know about you Moses but WOW! we're cool kids!!!!! I finally made it! 😀 WE finally made it!!!!

• Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Welcome, I got the 2017 model too! I'm sure you will enjoy it. Be careful visiting this forum, these guys will entice you into making all kinds of changes and modifications Haha! Before you know it you will be dropping another 1 to 3 thousand into this bike!

The 17 model came in White or Galaxy Blue which did you get? 

43 minutes ago, new1709rider said:

Be careful visiting this forum, these guys will entice you into making all kinds of changes and modifications Haha

That's sooooo not true 😇

Edited by norcal616
  • Haha 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

That's sooooo not true 😇

Oh?  And which forum have you been reading??  

Welcome @Mosesthemouse!  Congrats on the new FJ... it’s a great bike, and I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.  

23 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Oh?  And which forum have you been reading??  

Welcome @Mosesthemouse!  Congrats on the new FJ... it’s a great bike, and I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it.  

Only the 3 important ones @texscottyd... And welcome to the "club" @Mosesthemouse 😁

• Thumbsup 1
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I only have experience with the Madstad windscreen, but I love mine. I've commuted with it all winter and it does an excellent job of blocking wind and turbulence. I got the dark smoke 24 inch. Their mount allows you to adjust both height and angle. 

It does such a good job I'm thinking about getting some kind of smaller screen for the hotter summer months so I can ride a little cooler. But first I guess I can try changing the angle and height to see if that will suffice. 

My bike is also the Galaxy blue. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my power vision 3 and flashed my ECU.  The one ride I went on since was great. The acceleration and deceleration seemed smoother. Haven't gone past the original speed limit yet, but I can feel a definite improvement in power. Would recommend to anyone who wants to mod wor sending your ECU away. 

hello Moses,

There is a lot of good info on this forum. do you want a shorty smoke screen or a larger touring windshield. for the short screens Calsci , MRA and the shorty Ermax seem popular also some go with the cheap double bubble screens off ebay, The seemingly popular large screens are Givi, Puig, Madstad and National cycles V stream. I like the look of the v stream for touring.Will see how it goes when it arrives.  Of course there are many others Parabellum , Falco etc...

I wrote to you over on jrubicons Norcal thread to see if you guys wanted to ride sometime here locally. I live in Fremont. I have the same year and color bike as you . I go out to old mines road occasionally with my sister who rides and sometimes with my wife on the back. It is a popular motorcycle route in the East bay that is about an hour and a half ride from Pleasanton to San jose up over Mount Hamilton with a good halfway stop at the junction bar. Let me know if you are interested. 

Lance.

7 minutes ago, lance said:

hello Moses,

There is a lot of good info on this forum. do you want a shorty smoke screen or a larger touring windshield. for the short screens Calsci , MRA and the shorty Ermax seem popular also some go with the cheap double bubble screens off ebay, The seemingly popular large screens are Givi, Puig, Madstad and National cycles V stream. I like the look of the v stream for touring.Will see how it goes when it arrives.  Of course there are many others Parabellum , Falco etc...

I wrote to you over on jrubicons Norcal thread to see if you guys wanted to ride sometime here locally. I live in Fremont. I have the same year and color bike as you . I go out to old mines road occasionally with my sister who rides and sometimes with my wife on the back. It is a popular motorcycle route in the East bay that is about an hour and a half ride from Pleasanton to San jose up over Mount Hamilton with a good halfway stop at the junction bar. Let me know if you are interested. 

Lance.

That sounds like a fun ride. My schedule is crazy right now, but maybe next month we can set something up