O2 sensor eliminator

ilanr1

Hi , i have an aftermarket exhaust with no catalitic.

I want to get rid of the o2 sensor.

I saw that there is a kit - a plug with resistors that you should connect instead of the o2 sensor after that you take out the original sensor and block the hole in the exhuast.

What are the resistor values ?.

Thanks

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by ilanr1

• 6 months later...

I did one of these on my Honda VFR some years ago and used a 330 ohm resistor.  

Or you could just send your ECU off to Ivan and his reflash will shut off the O2 as well as give you a number of other improvements.  😉

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member

Not exactly what you're looking for, but take a look at this if you're only having issues at low speed.  I have one and it makes in-traffic driving much smoother.

s-l400.jpg

If you use this mod on your 2016/2017 MT09 ABS + TCS it will work in...

Otherwise, I'd think you have to reflash to get the best performance.

I looked up the "kit" and found an installation video... no need to add resistors, so its plug n play... in the video I could see 2 black pins(?) that are installed in the back of the connection...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

@norcal616 is correct in that you don't need to add any resistors, but that's because the resistors are built into the kit.

I've just been out and measured mine, from Smart Moto as per the OP photo. Between the top two pins is a bridging resistor with a value of 330 ohms. The bottom two have a thicker resistor between the pins and I measured it at 46 on my 200k range on the multimeter, which I'm guessing is therefore 46k ohms.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

The plug itself is available through Alex at Corsa-Technic.

• Thumbsup 1
TTR Ignition Systems - Teaching Old Bikes New Tricks
Shift Sensors - Quick Shift Controllers
Plug 'n' Play Quick Shifter Kits for FJ-09 US$150 + $15 shipping - In Stock
North American Distributor for Shifting ContRoll     Email

• 2 weeks later...

Probably a stupid question.   But I am not a mechanic or even close to one.  Why is it necessary to remove the O2 sensor?    What is gained .... Acceleration?  Smoothness?  Will it stop error codes?  Horsepower?  

Forgive my ignorance but I am curious about the benefit.

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, vijay said:

Probably a stupid question.   But I am not a mechanic or even close to one.  Why is it necessary to remove the O2 sensor?    What is gained .... Acceleration?  Smoothness?  Will it stop error codes?  Horsepower?  

Forgive my ignorance but I am curious about the benefit.

The O2 sensor which is installed in the stock exhaust systems of motorcycles are used by the Manufacturer to adjust the fuelling in order to pass the emission tests for street homologation.

This is done only in a very limited RPM range under certain load situations.

The intention behind it is not to improve the performance of the machine.

It's aimed to reduce the emissions of the engine in the specific RPM/Load situations which are tested during the homologation process.

This can result in delayed throttle response or unsteady power delivery. If you replace your silencer or exhaust system or fuelling, it's suggested to remove the installed sensor and replace it with this eliminator.

The eliminator simulates the signal given from the O2 sensor under optimal A/F ratio conditions. This allows the bike to run under best performance conditions. If you install an aftermarket exhaust, remove the catalyst, install a power commander or perform similar modifications we strongly suggest installation of an O2 sensor eliminator for the best performance of your machine.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thank you for the courtesy of your reply.    I apologize for taking so long to acknowledge it.  From what you provided above, It almost sounds like you should install the O2 Sensor Eliminator on a stock machine as well.   Is that part of what most of the ECM reprogramming people are doing?

Shutting off the O2 sensor is just one of the many things you will get with a quality ECU reprogram.  Ivan is one of the best at this and you can see the details of his work here...…...

One of the important things that he does is to eliminate the fuel cut off for much smoother throttle response.  

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.