Hello from South Western PA

jut8

Hello All, just picked up a new to me 2015 FJ-09 with just over 900 miles on it, hope to crack the 1k mark on her this weekend. A few years back I had an FZ-09 that Ioved around town, but wasent the best for longer commutes, which led to a series of other bikes....nc700x, then a versys 650, and now back onto that beloved 3 cylinder engine in this FJ-09.

I was going back and forth between this low mileage FJ and Super Tenere that i found that was all farkled up, with 8,600 miles, at about the same price. I loved the idea of Tenere, but realistically the most "offroad" this bike will ever see are some gravel roads and possibly some back country forest roads which i think it will handle just fine on the one or two days a year i travel them, and 95% of my riding will be on the tarmac. Plan on using it for daily commuting to work with the help of the side bags, and I do have a 2x2 cycles rack that I mount my mountain bike to and do some traveling around the area to mountain bike, so i think with the hard side bags, this will be the perfect bike.....that engine always makes your smile. Dont get me wrong, the Super tenere looks to be awesome, but i think the extra 100ish pounds of weight could be a little rough for every day riding. Anyways, just wanted say hello!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

@jut8 - Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the new FJ!  At only 900 miles, it sounds like the previous owner missed out on a lot of fun...  His loss, your gain.  It’s a fantastic motorcycle.   

Based on your description of how you ride, it sounds like a perfect fit.  I like that the FJ is fairly easy to adapt to different riding styles and needs.  Leave it stock or modify to your heart’s content... either way, you’ll really enjoy owning this bike.  

-Scott

• Thumbsup 1