headlight adjustment - What are these knobs?

buckybuk

There are two screws on both sides behind the lights they attach to some electronic device below and behind the light.
I have been through EVERY page of the owners Manuel nothing mentions the two screws and what they might do
They turn like they are supposed to adjust something but I see nothing happening

Thanks in advance :)
QEsaJpy.jpg
dCP84Yi.jpg
wx8IwOf.jpg
FUv6yG7.jpg
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

They adhust the headlights up and down. If you load the bike down with gear or ride with a passenger you can make an adjustment to the headlight beams to compensate for the diffrent ride height from the added weight.  I havent played with mine yet but thats what they are for..

They adhust the headlights up and down. If you load the bike down with gear or ride with a passenger you can make an adjustment to the headlight beams to compensate for the diffrent ride height from the added weight.  I havent played with mine yet but thats what they are for..
Sweet thanks man..... I turned them but didn't notice anything happening.. Ill play with them more :) 
2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Ditto. I turned those knobs while watching the headlight level and didn't notice anything happening. Maybe it'a a really slooow adjustment and I needed to make more turns. Or come to think of it, maybe I was adjusting the wrong side. I believe the low beam comes from one side only, which is too bad. I'd rather have a double low beam. I'll have to go back and try the adjustment again paying more attention to which side I am adjusting. But I agree it's not covered in the user manual, which is an oversight.

Does anyone else feel the headlamp to be substandard? LED they may be but I'm not too impressed with the pattern or amount of light from the low beam. I've definitely had better headlights on other bikes with conventional bulbs. That's rather disappointing. Especially given this bikes mission of being more touring oriented.

Ditto. I turned those knobs while watching the headlight level and didn't notice anything happening. Maybe it'a a really slooow adjustment and I needed to make more turns. Or come to think of it, maybe I was adjusting the wrong side. I believe the low beam comes from one side only, which is too bad. I'd rather have a double low beam. I'll have to go back and try the adjustment again paying more attention to which side I am adjusting. But I agree it's not covered in the user manual, which is an oversight. 
Does anyone else feel the headlamp to be substandard? LED they may be but I'm not too impressed with the pattern or amount of light from the low beam. I've definitely had better headlights on other bikes with conventional bulbs. That's rather disappointing. Especially given this bikes mission of being more touring oriented.

I hope that it's at least a lil bit better than my FZ-09 headlight. Low beam sucks and highbeam shot straight up at the moon.

If it makes anyone else feel better, I cranked the heck out of these things thinking I was the adjusting the windshield. Eventually I gave up and read the manual before I snapped something off
Ha! I thought the same thing! I don't feel so bad now- good to know! 

If it makes anyone else feel better, I cranked the heck out of these things thinking I was the adjusting the windshield. Eventually I gave up and read the manual before I snapped something off
Ha! I thought the same thing! I don't feel so bad now- good to know! 
It's the VFR thing.  We aren't used to all of these electronic gizmos and fancy adjustment knobs!

• 4 weeks later...
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm asking anyway. There is nothing in the manual about how to adjust the headlights. I know those two little knobs on each side of the display is how you do it, but do you turn them or pull them or what? I've got a bad habit of thinking I know how to do something, and then breaking it with my clumsy fingers, so, I'd rather ask than play with it to figure it out. 

• 1 month later...
Hi

The MT-09 Tracer (aka FJ-09) has a possibility to adjust the headlight(s) easily by turning two knobs left and right just behind the headlights.

How is this adjustment done exactly? Is it foreseen that this should/could be done by the driver?

Does your english/american version of the manual contain any mentions/instructions regarding to this headlight adjustment?

I got the german issue of the user manual with my bike called 2PP-28199-G1. Nothing in about this.

Archived