Tame my Lust for this Machine

Larz

Looks like you are at Nash in Mesa, that GT has been sitting there since November.

Congratulations, $14k is a lot less than that young exotic woman would have cost you!

• Thumbsup 2

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

3 hours ago, Larz said:

went ahead put a cash deposit down. Not really sure if it is actually a deal- 14,000 out the door- think they inflated the tax a bit. But the only one I could actually find on a showroom within 50 miles of me ( down in Arizona by Phoenix) and they didn't blink at a cash purchase. Went to another "bigger" box powersports store that showed a GT in inventory on their website- nope, nada, but had a Tracer 900 with a broken windshield pinch lever and disconnected wires dangling from the chassis ( I wouldn't buy a Taco from them- but did sit on a lot of their bikes- yep Africa Twin still too tall, FJR still too heavy,etc.) 

With my boots on my size 9 feet don't come close to passenger pegs and I can flat foot it if I'm up against the tank, and it still feels almost as light as my Versys ( test ride? surely you jest amigo).

I'm excited already :0

Already grinning......good!

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, gv550 said:

Looks like you are at Nash in Mesa, that GT has been sitting there since November.

Congratulations, $14k is a lot less than that young exotic woman would have cost you!

yes sir, that's correct. Figured it been there for a while, didn't try to chew them down any on the price, maybe I should have :>) You must snowbird down here then, eh? I used to live up in the top of the Idaho Panhandle, so close to BC picked up the "eh". ( oh man, I've blown a lot more than that on numerous young exotic women, got so tired I figured a new motorcycle would keep me out of trouble for bit

I wintered in Apache Junction and plan to be there again next November. Lots of great riding there, let's meet up and play together.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, Larz said:

mygt.jpg.5a2d7144f7522aa4c43ecc292d1b923d.jpg

Now THAT is one happy dude!!  Congrats, Larz!  😎

• Thumbsup 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

3 hours ago, gv550 said:

I wintered in Apache Junction and plan to be there again next November. Lots of great riding there, let's meet up and play together.

Cool, I bought a little house in Gilbert last year; really like it down here overall: insane drivers, monsoons and 115' F Summer days notwithstanding ( the plan this Summer is to take the GT North during the worst of it) . Yeah, there's lots good road in these parts. Sounds great, look forward to meeting you in person!

• Like 2

• Supporting Member

Yup, you got the fever, Larz!  Welcome to the family!

• Like 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

On 5/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, Larz said:

Cool, I bought a little house in Gilbert last year; really like it down here overall: insane drivers, monsoons and 115' F Summer days notwithstanding ( the plan this Summer is to take the GT North during the worst of it) . Yeah, there's lots good road in these parts. Sounds great, look forward to meeting you in person!

Larz, before we get too happy I want to apologize for failing you.  I tried my best to deter your purchase of this bike, but I failed.  The only thing left to do is enjoy it.  LOL!  Have fun, Bud.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Coop said:

Larz, before we get too happy I want to apologize for failing you.  I tried my best to deter your purchase of this bike, but I failed.  The only thing left to do is enjoy it.  LOL!  Have fun, Bud.

Yeah Coop, you really let me down, man. It ain't Candle Apple Red with Yellow wheels ;>) 

Aside from that, it's the best bike I've ever ridden ( so far)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

congrats Larz! i just baught mine last friday and i havent been able to stop riding. i ride whenever i can, im at 430 miles now in less than a week. $14500 OTD, and thats a deal in CA, 9.75 %. everywhere else was at $15k

Edited by jrubicon
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 8:21 PM, jrubicon said:

congrats Larz! i just baught mine last friday and i havent been able to stop riding. i ride whenever i can, im at 430 miles now in less than a week. $14500 OTD, and thats a deal in CA, 9.75 %. everywhere else was at $15k

Cool, sounds like you gotta a deal. The GT should be great for lane splitting ( I don't know how anyone can handle commuting in Cali without a bike ;)

Yeah this bike is way too much fun,eh. 850 miles on mine so far- haven't put her in sport mode yet, waiting for the magic 1k mark. Would have a lot more miles, but decided to really focus on heat cycles for this bikes' break-in ( 17 full heat cycles so far, all those small rides have helped me get more familiar with the bike in a shorter amount of time I think).