Soon-to-be new owner in East Tennessee

Hello!

After much deliberation, I decided I needed an upgrade from my first bike, an old, kinda beat-up '99 Katana 600.  I went to the nearest dealership expecting to be rather disappointed, mostly due to my lack of height, and found a '15 FJ-09 loaded to the gills.  It's a wee bit tall (28" or 29" inseam depending the brand of jeans), but manageable.  All the mods I would get anyway, and well, here we are with me picking up the bike this coming Friday (5-14-19).

I live in East Tennessee, in the Oak Ridge surrounding area.  I am a veteran, 4.5 years active with one tour and 4 years reserve.  I've been a corrections officer with the state, and now I do computer refurbishing work.  Trust me, the computer refurbishing is much more fulfilling.

I'm almost always up for rides if anyone wants to go!  I use a Cardo Packtalk comm, if it matters.

20190507_170552.thumb.jpg.950257a6bfa05325ebd413dc2f81f63c.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

JPEG_20190517_175421.jpg?width=720&heigh

I have obtained the FJ!

The, what I thought were cheapo chinese LEDs, are actually Clearwater LEDs!

And the previous owner kept a maintenance log!

AND left a set of sprockets in the pannier that the dealership apparently did not notice.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Went on a group ride today, about 40 miles total, as well as tooling around a bit, and I'm *definitely* loving the bike!  It's confidence inspiring, comfortable, I just love riding it!

D64d9McW0AArcHu.jpg

Local barbecue place, took the loooooong way around to get there and took our newbie friend (who I sold my Katana 600 to) to get used to the bike and learning the joys of twisties.

• Thumbsup 2

• 1 month later...

Did you buy at Tommy's in Clinton?

What BBQ place?

I'm going to get a 2015 in FL next week and will be riding a lot around the area.  I suspect I'll be at Deal's Gap on it soon after I get home.  I also like to ride out 116 by the prison.

I was a little worried about the height too but went to the store on Clinton Hwy yesterday (buddy is a sales guy there) and rode a new one.  It is awesome and only a little bit too tall for me in the lower seat position.  I can get both feet down but not flat footed.

• Thumbsup 1

Yes, I did buy it at Tommy's, me and a couple friends went to Coal Creek Smokehouse in Rockytop, and I've since gone to Foothills parkway once by myself, once with the friends, and all over east tennessee just tooling around.  I'm trying to convince them to go to Cherohalla Skyway this weekend and camp on the other side, and come back via Deal's Gap.

• Thumbsup 1