Aux power connector on 2019 GT

denjy

Hi guys, newbie here and a question regarding the aux power connector on the GT. Can I use this to connect a trickle charger to the bike to keep the battery in tip top condition? I only picked up the bike 2 days ago and haven’t had much of a chance to ride it, but I am seriously impressed with it so far. 

If you are referring to the accessory plug left of the windscreen, no. It is live only with the key turned on and protected by a very light fuse, it's meant to power a GPS or phone.

2019 Tracer GT,  Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the rapid reply, I guess I will have to buy the battery connection lead and install it (forgot to remove it from my Aprilia before I part exchanged) 

Hi @denjy and welcome to the forum. You are best permanently wiring a fused accessory lead directly to the battery. I have an SAE connector with a rubber cover on it, that sits beneath the rear seat. That way I can connect straight to it for battery top up and can also use it for a portable compressor if I get a flat tyre. A compressor pulls too much current and would blow the windscreen connection. 

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Thanks, that’s exactly what I’m planning as it’s the same setup I had on my previous ride, just thought it would save me some spanner time. 

• Thumbsup 1