600cc Class Supersports

superfist

• Premium Member

@texscottyd - I think you're spot on, actually.  I refuse to take the FJ-09 to the track because of the suspension.  It works fine as stock for daily commutes and road bump compliance, but I can totally feel it being off in the mountains when windy roads are ridden in a spirited manner.  So I'm looking for something I can start riding for track days and those spirited rides.

I do have a question though about any bike being taken to the track.  What's your $0.02 cents on ABS at the track?  I was watching some videos where ABS activated on the track and caused some unpredictability (ran wide but managed to stay in the concrete portion of the run-off area).  Couldn't you just pull the ABS pump fuse in most bikes?

I'm planning on keeping the FJ for daily commuting and running to the store for honey-do list tasks and such.  I love this engine for the daily stuff and wringing it out is addictive.  But I also absolutely love the scream of a 600 winding out, which oddly is one of the biggest reasons I'm wanting a 600 over the liter bikes.  Not rational... but the sound of an I4 banshee wailing through shifts at 12-15k RPM makes me *Not Suitable For All Audiences*.  

• Thumbsup 2