GT ECU Flash

That's great news!  I'll give him a call.  Thank you.  Can't wait to read your review!

I wish I could have mine flashed immediately, but I'm going on a bike trip and will have to wait until I return home.

Edited by fjrpittsburgh

On 5/18/2019 at 11:32 AM, Luma46 said:

I am not sure why people tinker with their ECUs? I have it OEM, runs perfect without any hesitation in any gear or any RPM. More power than I could handle, good fuel consumption...

It's very nice stock; however, it is a bit twitchy and difficult to hold a steady 3-4k rpm when trying to do slow speed precision maneuvers like flying W's, figure 8's and u-turns inside the lines of a typical parking stall. I've only got 100 miles on my so far- just got it yesterday afternoon; maybe it will improve as it breaks in, but I rather doubt it. Seems to be the fuel cutoff and transition from closed to open loop fueling. ( precision maneuvers on a Sport Touring bike? WTF. Yes, like my favorite instructor  ( motorcycle cop) says " any fool can haul ass down the road, and that same fool will drop his bike trying to pull a tight u-turn or negotiate his way thru a debris field at 10 miles an hour). Learned how on my gangsta Harley, and my Versys would let me show up most riders on bigger bikes. But the Tracer is being ornery in this category. I'll get it, it's a must to me, but a re-flash would certainly smooth things out.  

Edited by Larz
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 7:54 AM, fjrpittsburgh said:

Has anyone with a Tracer GT had their ECU flashed.  I know Ivan has his coming out in a couple of months.  As of now, I'm waiting for his flash as I trust him from his history of improving bikes ride quality through flashing.

Vcyclenut has a flash available now, but I would like to see some positive reviews before choosing their update.

Please pass on any info you have on an updated ECU flash.  Vcyclenut's flash is $100 cheaper than Ivan's upcoming flash.

Have you seen the 2wheeldynoworks board on here? They are a supporting vendor of this forum and have flashed hundreds of our members ECU's.  They are very very good.  Not the cheapest, but I do not suggest going "cheap" on your engine tuning. They work with a ton of top actual race teams and thousands of street bikes.   they have custom tunes tailored for different exhausts for the tracer 900 and GT (yosh tune, Akrapovic tune, ETC, ETC. 

If you have a GT, check out the below thread in their board.

• Thumbsup 3

Maybe it isn't as important as to who does the flash.  It's just important to have a reputable flash done to your bike if there's one available.  I still think I'm going to go with Ivan, but in no way am I insinuating there's anything lower quality about other companies ECU improvements for the GT.  I'm looking forward to a smoother throttle control and full access to the power of the engine.

• Thumbsup 1

It's not all about who tunes it- not all software are created equal...  I had 2WDW flash my ECU with Woolich software instead of the default choice of FTecu... I also understand each tuner tunes a bit different- some keep the tunes more on the safe side, some just go for all the HO/TQ they can get, etc...

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:18 PM, TorqWrench said:

"Yes it is a GT.

I spoke with Ivan and it is ready. I should have mine back by Friday."

My Ninja 1000 is flashed by Ivan and I can not say enough good things about his work.  Just picked up my GT yesterday and although it is pretty good out of the box I will likely either ride down to his shop or mail in my ECU.

TorqWrench…..please post a new thread with your thought on Ivans flash for the GT once you have had the opportunity to road test.  

Edited by johnmark101

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

44 minutes ago, johnmark101 said:

TorqWrench…..please post a new thread with your thought on Ivans flash for the GT once you have had the opportunity to road test.

I will be picking it up tomorrow at my local FedEx hub. Due to the flooding in my area, I'm not sure that FedEx would deliver to me. I should have it back on the bike tomorrow afternoon and do some road testing this weekend. I will do a post with my thoughts soon after. 

• Like 1

The ECU flash from Ivan's Performance did not disappoint! 

I re-installed my ECU this weekend and although I didn't get to ride as much as planned I did get a few hundred miles in. I paid close attention to how the bike performed at all speeds and functions as best as I could before I got the ECU flash and then did the same after the ECU flash. I did not do any top speed tests or run each gear to redline or anything of that nature but I did ride aggressively at times, though I wasn't trying to outrun any MotoGP racers. 

Here are my observations...

The bike feels smoother now in all rpm ranges, noticeably smoother. If you think you're happy with the bike as it is from the showroom don't ride one that has Ivan's flash, it will change your opinion. 

I can easily stroll through low speed areas (25-35 mph) without the bike feeling like it is searching for the correct fueling. Before the ECU flash the bike ran almost like it had bad gas when trying to maintain a steady low speed (2nd or 3rd gear in school zones, downtown areas, etc). You may not notice this much with the stock exhaust, but with a aftermarket pipe you will hear and feel this much more. 

The throttle cut is no longer an issue. I tried like hell to feel a throttle jerk and I failed miserably (yeah!)

Normally my hands get numb after about 30-45 minutes, I rode 1.5 hours straight with no issues. 

Cruise control now works in every gear which is nice when cruising through state parks and other long stretches of low speed areas. (oem settings for cruise only work in 4th, 5th and 6th gear)

I did not try using cruise control over 100 mph yet, but I'm sure it would work fine. Did someone say Autobahn??

Other than the ECU flash, the only other engine/performance mod I have done is a full exhaust. I rode with the baffle/db killer installed, have not ridden with it removed yet (very loud). I will probably try it soon just to see if there's any noticeable differences. 

I highly recommend Ivan's ECU flash. I believe he is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable tuners available. I was willing to pay the extra $ for his services. I have nothing against other tuners, I just have no experience with them and don't know how knowledgeable they are . Ivan has been around a while and he has never steered me wrong. This was not my first time purchasing from Ivan and I doubt it's the last time. I have never met the guy in person but he was very polite and answered all my questions and concerns. 

I hope this is helpful, feel free to ask questions and keep the rubber side down, 

Dan

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 1:57 AM, fjrpittsburgh said:

Do you have a GT?  The flash isn't ready yet.

What software so you use to read the ECU data and also how can I co tact ivan

How is the outcome so far 

@sp0okz  I haven't had time to send my ECU off to Ivan yet.  I already know the review will be tremendous as are all of Ivan's reviews.  There is no reading of the ECU to be done.  You mail the ECU to Ivan in South Carolina and he sends it back to you flashed the same day he receives it.

Edited by fjrpittsburgh

10 hours ago, fjrpittsburgh said:

@sp0okz  I haven't had time to send my ECU off to Ivan yet.  I already know the review will be tremendous as are all of Ivan's reviews.  There is no reading of the ECU to be done.  You mail the ECU to Ivan in South Carolina and he sends it back to you flashed the same day he receives it.

I dont fancy sending ECU off to have it mapped is there any software I can read data with and send him the un tuned file and get it tuned and reload it back  

Friend remaps cars but its via obd etc dont think bike has same obd could use k tag if I can find the pin outs might email him  

Edited by sp0okz